Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just signed up for this forum to learn more about the XD-s 9 mm and .45 ACP.

I conceal carry the majority of the time (S&W Shield 9 mm) and own several other weapons:
- Taurus PT 58 .380 (bought back in 1992 and has been very reliable), pretty much a collector's gun for me now although I do shoot it from time to time and it remains a favorite.
- Glock 23 Gen 4 .40 cal: with night sights, my bedside gun
- Glock 26 Gen 4 9 mm: my wife's EDC
- FNS 9 mm: with night sights, such a well-balanced handgun, accurate and reliable
- SCCY CPX-2 9 mm: an impulse buy, thought for $238 with two 10 round mags I'd give it a try and keep it locked up in my Jeep under seat lockbox. So far, pleasantly surprised without any hiccups.
- S&W Bodyguard .380 with laser: originally bought for wife as Mother's Day present and she said, "No thanks! I want the baby Glock." So it's my pocket carry when I can't IWB carry my Shield.
-S&W M&P 15 Sport 5.56 with Magpul furniture and Nikon P-223 3x32 scope
S&W M&P 15-22 .22 LR with Magpul MOE and Primary Arms Microdot Red Dot

I am intrigued by 2 handguns currently (Beretta M9 and the XD-s 4.0 .45 cal and 4.0 9 mm) and am contemplating the purchase of 1 or the other. The Beretta would be purchased for range use and the nostalgia factor. The XD-s would be for possible EDC and to simply add a Springfield Armory handgun to my collection. I will be seeking opinions from those who own the XD-s in the 4 inch barrel in both .45 cal and 9 mm versions.

I look forward to my stay here on the forum and to learning all I can about the XD-s handguns.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome from Texas. My wife carries the XDs 9 and loves it. You do have to learn its idiosyncrasies, but all in all an accurate reliable gun for us.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Welcome from central florida.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Nice collection by the way

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome from Georgia

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome from North Broward!

I'm struggling to adjust to the more aggressive grip style of my XDs9 and my XD(M)40C. My Shield 9mm is more comfortable, and so like yourself it's my current EDC most of the time.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome from SoCal

1 - 20 of 21 Posts