Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

After reading a lot on this forum, I bought an XD9 sc.

Was at the range Sat, & Sun. What a weapon!

I had never fired a semi before. Last experience was over 20 years ago with a small revolver.

This thing is real machine. As you all know there were no problems with the gun. Shooter is another story. Fired a hundred rounds each day. Very consistent grouping. Problem is they were all but a few about 6-10" due West.

I have read several of the other threads and am trying to overcome my defects. The "basics of marksmanship" and the diagrams are quite insightful. In fact I took one of the diagrams to the range the second day.
I tried to make the suggested changes and every now and then I would manage a couple of dead center hits.

Going to try some of the dry fire exercises I've read here and just keep at it. The gun is so nice I don't want to get frustrated and give up.

Oh, by the way, I am old and blind in the dominant eye. Think that may have something to do with it? Naah.

If there are any particular exercises that you think may help, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks and glad to be here.

jc

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum...be careful, you'll get addicted and want to add a big brother or sister to your collection...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Welcome! I'm cross dominant as I'm right handed but use my left eye. Causes me a fit when I'm rifle shooting. When I'm pistol shooting I just cock my head to the right a little. One thing I like about the XD is the sights...it seems that the front sight is a little narrower than on other guns and it lets me see more light on either side. Enjoy that new gun!

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Welcome from Longview (North East Texas). Glad you are pumped about the new gun and sounds like you are on the way to curing your shooting technique issues. Hang it there it only gets better.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Congrats on your new XD and welcome to the forum!

I may be a little biased, but I think you made a great choice for your first semi-auto pistol! :)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Florida !!

Just keep dry firing and use a dime to practice with ... The sight thing is going to throw you off no matter what you do unless you got it fixed. So, the best thing you can do is train so that your eyes adapt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts