Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently decided to finally get my CHL after putting it off since I got out of the the Navy in '95. I'm not sure why this got put off but it's now become a priority. I currently have a Sig P229 .40 i've had for home protection since '96 and was looking for a more compact CCW. I always join a forum prior to making important purchases in order to make an informed decision. This forum has helped make my decision for a XDM SC .40. There is tons of great information and knowlegable gun owners here and I plan on stopping by quite often. My other gun is a Stag 6.8SPC M4orgery and a Remington 1187 I use for dove hunting. I also plan on taking some defensive pistol training here in the San Antonio area and possibly shooting in some IDPA events in the future. I appreciate all the valuable information and friendly banter I've seen so far and look forward to the friendships of other gun owning patriots that will surely ensue.

Aim small, miss small.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Nothern California!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome. I am also in SA. I shoot at the bullet hole off hwy90. Where do you shoot?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've honestly not been up to par on range time since I moved to SA about 3 years ago. I went to the Bracken range once and was less than impressed. I'm on a mission to get back on the horse and resume training/practicing like a responsible gun owner should. I'm in Universal City and in need of a quality range where I can do just that. Do you have any suggestions in this area or is The Bullet Hole the place to be? I'm willing to drive a while to get what I need. :cool:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Howdy from down the road.:D Cedar Ridge is a pretty low key range. Not the fanciest or most modern by any means, but they still work. Its in Bulverde ....off 1863 and the Cibolo Creek.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Howdy from down the road.:D Cedar Ridge is a pretty low key range. Not the fanciest or most modern by any means, but they still work. Its in Bulverde ....off 1863 and the Cibolo Creek.
Howdy back Don. I'll have to check that range out as I'm looking for a regular spot to spill brass. Hopefully I can find something a little closer but if I have to drive a bit for a friendly/safe range, that's never gonna be a problem.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NC

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Howdy back Don. I'll have to check that range out as I'm looking for a regular spot to spill brass. Hopefully I can find something a little closer but if I have to drive a bit for a friendly/safe range, that's never gonna be a problem.
Its a ton closer than the Bullet Hole to UC, that's for sure. Bracken is really the closest to you that I know of. I've never been there a single time, Bracken that is. I was told you can't pick up your brass, so that was enough for me.:rolleyes: besides, this one is 15 minutes away from me...what's not to like?;)

Home Page

Crap...I just noticed their fee is now 12 clams per day. :( I haven't been in a while. That sux.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
No prob. Just be sure to familiarize yourself with the rules before you go. You get to read them when you get there and then you will be quizzed before they let you shoot. Its not a bad place IMO. They are strict with the rules, though. The thing I like is the individual areas are seperated by berms and each area can act independently. You act as your own RO as well. I liked that when I was working up loads for my rifles. I was mostly by myself...10-20 shots and ck target. Anywhere else, I would have torqued everyone off or would have taken forever.:cool:

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
wellcome, from Northern Michigan, to the forum JayDay. I presently have a Ruger P89 9mm, but I have a xdm 3.8c .40 on lay-a-way and hope to get if in a couple of weeks. I will look forward to seeing your post.

·
Super Moderator
46,392 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Huzzah! Another 6.8 supporter! I think it's the best all-around cartridge for the AR-15 platform. Welcome to the forum from Kansas.
I have to agree and hope soon it's more widely accepted as such. It's about time the cost of ammo comes down.

·
Premium Member
127,420 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts