Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to site.

Just ordered my California version xd 40 subcompact. Waiting for my FFL dealer to call me on tuesday to start the waiting period.

Can't wait to shoot my xd! Love what I have read about them!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum...:)

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Where in the north state are you located?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi and welcome to XDTalk from central CA!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vacaville

For those who have no clue where that might be...

Half way between Sac and SF. Far enough away from both those major cities and bay area :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Vacaville

For those who have no clue where that might be...

Half way between Sac and SF. Far enough away from both those major cities and bay area :)
Right up the street from me:shock:

where did you order the gun from? don't tell me you got it from Guns and Fishing because they do over charge on a lot of the items and to me they aren't considered to be a local only business so they rarely see my support unless I need to load up on some JHP's if not found in walmart. I'd recommend Center Mass shooting gallery right off of Elmira and Leisure Town for your local shooting range. Good store I visit once a month or so is Triple A's in Vallejo. Very good prices and knowledgeable folks working there, unlike Guns and Fishing.

Walmart next to Samclub in V-town has a good stock of ammo's at all times. I always see their shelf well stocked, and if not, they have more under the counter, which most walmart stores do not do.

Welcome to the forum :)

·
Super Moderator
46,389 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I'm south in San Jose. I feel bad now because every time I drive through your town heading north to duck hunt, my habit is to flip the bird at the welcome-to sign for Cindy Sheehan .

My understanding is in CA the 10 day waiting period starts from the day/ hour/ minute you sign the sales contract and not from when the store gets the physical gun in their possession.

Welcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to all.

I did go by Gun and other stuff or whatever it is called. Way over priced and very unfriendly. Not helpful at all.

Centermass is a great place. I have a friends son, who just started there, and I have gotten to know the manager a little. I will use that place for the range. Highly recommend them for range and the prices are not that bad.

I ended up meeting a person in woodland who has his FFL. He told me just order the gun from anywhere and transfer it there and he will take care of it.

I am going Tuesday to start the paperwork and the 10 day full 24 hour down to the minute countdown. Love this state of california.

So much more politics than the state of Oregon where I grew up.

I will enjoy the site and look forward to reading.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Welcome from S.E. Wisconsin