Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Looking to purchase my first handgun. I am considering a XD9. I have shot Glock G19 and H&K p2000. The only thing holding my back from purchasing the XD9 (other than the ridiculous wait time for FID in NJ) is my concern with the Grip safety. Does this thing get in the way? I have finger F'ed the gun in a gunshop and it seems smooth and easily depressed. I love the feel of the gun in comparison to the G19. I guess what I'm getting at is...Am i going to be struggling with this thing to shoot it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where in nj? It only took about 2 months for my FID paper work to go through.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have two XD's and have not had any problem with the grip safety. Sure glad I moved from NJ. Now live in the great state of Tennessee.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Welcome from MI

·
Registered
725 Posts
Welcome comrade!

Where in NJ are you from?

I have an XD9 service, and I love it. I honestly don't even realize the grip safety is there. I have also tried to "lock up" the pistol, shooting with two fingers, trying to slip finger off of grip safety, etc, and i couldn't do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the welcome! I live in Union Beach. I guess I am being a little bit of a bitch about the FID thing, Its only been a little under 2 months. Local PD still has not sent to my references yet. I have heard of horror stories of up 143 days in some places in NJ.

·
Registered
337 Posts
nope, I got an xd40 service, and it's easier on me than my sigpro was!

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum. No, you shouldn't have any problems. In fact, any several uses, you probably won't even know its there!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks to all for the welcome! I live in Union Beach. I guess I am being a little bit of a bitch about the FID thing, Its only been a little under 2 months. Local PD still has not sent to my references yet. I have heard of horror stories of up 143 days in some places in NJ.
yeah it all depends on how fast your local PD wants to get it done. they are in no rush. i got lucky with mine and they were very quick about it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Welcome...and the grip safety was a concern for me too, but if you grip the pistol properly no problems...Sorry to hear you're in NJ and like to shoot...I have extended family there and it's a major PIA...They usually cross over to PA to shoot...:wink:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum from VA

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Premium Member
127,072 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
The grip safety is no problem at all. Welcome from Minnesota.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts