Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first Springfield XD Mod 2.0, 40 caliber pistol in a trade. Previous owner has fired less than 50 rounds in it. I put a few rounds through it this morning and was blown away by the excellent trigger pull. It actually felt better than a friend's M&P 2.0. Looking forward to learning all I can about the XD. I'm no stranger to pistols and guns in general being retired military and Law Enforcement. While active LE, I was our department training officer and firearms instructor. Glad to be here!

Tom

·
Registered
Got ammo?
532 Posts
Hi,

This old noob will toss you a shy wave. 🙋‍♂️

There are lots of good folks here but it's always nice to have more experience around. I may just try to pick your brain on occasion. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Welcome!

Which part of GA?

I grew up in Alpharetta/Roswell, and my parents are both in Duluth/Berkley Lake. :)

·
Super Moderator
16,592 Posts
Welcome to the board GaNG. Lots of good info here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome!

Which part of GA?

I grew up in Alpharetta/Roswell, and my parents are both in Duluth/Berkley Lake. :)
I'm in Warner Robins, central Georgia about 17 miles south of Macon. Retired from the base back in 1985 and then did a 21 year career in Law Enforcement, Did a year in "Assganistan" (2007/2008), civilian contractor working for the Army in Force Protection at Kandahar AB down south in the desert. Fully retired in 08.

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've had my XDE. 45 for about a year and have upgraded the sights to a set of Trijicon HD night sights and Hogue grips to go with my Alien Gear holster. Just wish someone would come up with a short reset trigger kit

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own three of these bad boys... My CCW evryday carry is my XD-9 sub. I own Glocks etc but found i was more proficient with this guy! Welcome BTW

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have a picture of your new XD? Would love to see it.
I'll have to try a picture with my phone. The XD-40 is new to me but seems to be an older one with "Grip Zone" still on it. Pistol looks like the previous owner rarely shot it, if at all. I have rectified that putting 100 rounds through it this week.

Tom

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I own three of these bad boys... My CCW evryday carry is my XD-9 sub. I own Glocks etc but found i was more proficient with this guy! Welcome BTW
Our department issued Glock 22s but I never cared for the Glock trigger so while working uniform division, I carried my 1911. When I went to investigations, I would carry one of 3 pistols I owned: the 1911, my Sig 229 with either the 40 cal or 357 Sig barrel or my Sig 220.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes, a shorter trigger reset would be nice! Good looking set by the way.(y)👍
Yeah a short reset trigger and a dual adjustable flat trigger like I've got on my 2 Sig P220's. Make a big difference for the Double Action better leverage

1 - 20 of 20 Posts