Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? Newbie here.

I picked up an XD-9, Service Bi-Tone a couple of weeks ago and am absolutely in love with the pistol. It took me a few rounds to figure out where I needed to be at with the sight picture and have come to the conclusion that I perform best with POA. Anywho, for ****z-n-gigglez, I set up my buddy's "steel swinging target" (not sure the proper name) at 50 yards and was surprised to see that I was landing a 6-inch grouping roughly 85% of the time. Could I be Rain Man with this thing or is this common? Anyone else having this type of accuracy at a similar distance?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
When it is new, you have little anticipation on the trigger and do well. After a while you start to get worse. It has been that way with every pistol I have owned. So it shows that the problem is me more that anything. Overcoming the me is the real art of accuracy. :evil:
Gongs are great feedback, 6" at 50 yds is within the expected accuracy of the XD, but few try it. Keep banging away at it and closer stuff will seem simpler.:grin:

eta: welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Good shootin'! I shoot my 8" plate racks from 35 yards on occasion, but I don't have the room to go back to 50.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I can hit 8" gongs at 50 yards and a 20" and larger gong at 100 yards (Every once in a while... 100 yards is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way... lol Heres a tip for 100 yard shooting with a .45acp pistol.... AIM HIGH! does it look like your aiming too high? No? AIM HIGHER! haha) with my Kimber Custom II... Never tried it with the XD. Gonna have to try it now.

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts