Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, new here and just figured I'd say hello. Just got it in today from trading my old HK USP 40 compact for the XD. Havent shot it yet but have already got a tactical light for it and polished out the barrel. Im going to send it out to James to get coated and get the truglos on it. Heres some quick pics:

Hope you like......

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just curious, why did you decide to polish the barell before you've even shot it?

The only reason I ask is that I think it takes the "tactical" out of "tactical." Ya know what I mean? The all black gun now has a shiny thing in the ejection port and is shiny at the business end.

I agree, it looks cool, BUT, what advantage does it create? I'm not ranting, just curious :)

-stunks

EDIT: wording

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was already scratched even being new from factory test shot. trust me, if needed, they will never see anything shining. i just figured now youll never really be able to see the scratching and i like the look.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How did you go about shining up your barrel? I intend to do the same to mine on my .40 SC. The tube looks like hell, since I've been shooting the hell out of it. Just can't get enough! Thanks for the help... :!:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rimshotsports said:
How did you go about shining up your barrel? I intend to do the same to mine on my .40 SC. The tube looks like hell, since I've been shooting the hell out of it. Just can't get enough! Thanks for the help... :!:
i used 220g sand paper to get the blue off. then 400g and 800g ,then 1500g to knock out all the minor scratch marks. then i took metal polish and polished it out. its not quite mirror finish but thats not what i was after. a little more time you can get it to look like chrome. i like the brushed look. now i just got to get time and $ to go shoot !

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm a retired cop and I've shot or owned damned near everything made. I'm also a gun nut...that doesn't help. I have to say that this is one of the sweetest guns I've ever shot. Just went to Wally World and picked up 500 rounds of 'white box' and I'll be at it again tomorrow after I make a short appearance at work. I'm a little concerned about the rust problems I've heard about, but I'm a little anal about caring for my guns, so it probably won't be a problem. I am, however, considering the dura coat product, just because I thing some of the colors are cool. Have fun with it and enjoy...

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the funhouse. I have several of them 40 Tacticals and they are great guns. Enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts