Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am about to order my first AR from del-ton. Here is a list of my upper parts. I am just looking for an all around gun, and since its my first Im not sure if this looks good.

Item Name:16" Rifle Kit
Item Price:$570.00
Options:
16 Rifle Kit -Barrel TI 16" 1x9 Heavy Barrel
16 Rifle Kit / Rifle -Handguards:YHM 4 Rail Free Float Tube
Rifle Kit / Rifle -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier
Rifle Kit / Rifle -Buttstock:M4 Buttstock - Black
Rifle Kit / Rifle -Grips:Ergo Grip - Ambi
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Carrying Handle:None
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Flash Hiders:phantom Flash Hider
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Gas Blocks:Standard A2 Front Sight
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Lower Parts:Standard Lower Parts
Rifle Kit / Rifle-T Handle:Standard Charging Handle
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Uppers:Flat Top Upper with T-Marks

im adding a lower i bought at a local gun shop as well. any advice?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The only thing that I see that you need to consider is:

What type of optics do you plan on mounting on your A4 upper?

The reason I ask is that you are equipping the rifle with a flat-top upper (I assume to mount some sort of optic), but you are going with a standard A2 front sight/gas block. This front sight post will interfere with some magnified scopes/optics. If you are going with an EOTech or something of that nature and want to co-witness the EOTech reticle with the rifle's sights, you can do that. Otherwise, if you plan on mounting a standard rifle scope (i.e. - Fixed 10x, 3-9x40, 4-12x50, etc.), then I would opt for either: 1) a fold-down/collapsing front sight post/glas block to get the sight post out of the way when not in use; or 2) a picatinny rail gas block that you can later mount an A2 or other front sight to if you decide to go that route.

The only other suggestion that I have is seriously consider a different collapsable stock than the standard M4 telescoping stock. The best thing going right now is the Magpul CTR stock and I am sure that Del-Ton can add one to your build for $50-60 or so and it will be well worth the extra money.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
What kind of rear sight are you going to use? Since you're getting a flat top you'll need some thing for the rear sight unless you're going to get a scope or red dot.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
best advise is run, run as fast and as far away from the dreaded EBR it will infect you with BRD and the only thing that will subside its terrible effects is buying more and more EBR and accessories and that will only hold you over for a few days or less
So I am about to order my first AR from del-ton. Here is a list of my upper parts. I am just looking for an all around gun, and since its my first Im not sure if this looks good.

Item Name:16" Rifle Kit
Item Price:$570.00
Options:
16 Rifle Kit -Barrel TI 16" 1x9 Heavy Barrel
16 Rifle Kit / Rifle -Handguards:YHM 4 Rail Free Float Tube
Rifle Kit / Rifle -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier
Rifle Kit / Rifle -Buttstock:M4 Buttstock - Black
Rifle Kit / Rifle -Grips:Ergo Grip - Ambi
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Carrying Handle:None
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Flash Hiders:phantom Flash Hider
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Gas Blocks:Standard A2 Front Sight
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Lower Parts:Standard Lower Parts
Rifle Kit / Rifle-T Handle:Standard Charging Handle
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Uppers:Flat Top Upper with T-Marks

im adding a lower i bought at a local gun shop as well. any advice?

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i plan to use a red dot sight i have and get a buis for a rear sight later. i might go with a rail gas block and get a detachable front sight as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i plan to use a red dot sight i have and get a buis for a rear sight later. i might go with a rail gas block and get a detachable front sight as well.
Do this! I finally broke down and custom ordered a complete rifle from RRA as a present to myself. I went with the gas block rail and fold down front sight almost as an afterthought. I was not aware just how much difference it makes. It really cleans up the sight picture and opens up the field of view in an optic.

Now I'm losing the fixed front on any black rifle that I'm planning on adding an optic to. It's definitely worth it, especially if you haven't purchased the upper yet...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah. i started this build just wanting the basics and didnt change anything on the kit. now i have almost customized the whole thing. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts