Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been reading the forums and finally picked up a XD 9 SC today.

Couple questions I had.
While I was purchasing my firearm, I asked the sales person to recommend some defense ammo. What was recommended was Magsafe ammo 60gr and also Federal hydra shock P9HS2. Are these ammo good for defense or should I try some other ammo?

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have shot the federal hydrashock 9mm and I thought it was a good choice. Although I just found out about the Federal hst and will be picking some up at first chance and trying it out. Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
It is a personal choice, I like Speer Gold Dots, 115, 124 or 124+P.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As far as ammo, I use Hornady TAP, I think for 9mm it is available in 115, 124, and 147 grain. Federal hydrashock is a good choice too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome and as everyone will say there are a ton of different jhp rounds that will work amazing. I carry the federal hst +p in my service 9mm. You can get them at tactical defence solutions online and its a great deal.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats on the new XD9sc! - LUV MINE

My choice for PD ammo is Federal Hydra-Shok 124grn JHP :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Fed Hydra's 124s are an excellent choice!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey newb. Congrats on the xd9sc - hav yet to shoot mine, but still love it...

I also have to vote for federal hydrashok...

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Welcome. Just got my XDSC a couple of weeks ago. Great gun, you'll love it. I just ordered some Speer 124gr +P based upon reputation. When it gets here, I'm light up a couple of boxes at the range to see how it feeds in the SC.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
You will want to look at the 124+p or 147gr in the Speer Gold Dots, Winchester Ranger Ts & Federal HST just to name three.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Yes federal hydrashocks are great thats what I carry in may xd9-sub

·
Registered
254 Posts
Forget that stupid MagSafe crap, unless you want things to be safer for the Bad Guy.
Use a quality 124 grain +p hollow point.

Though they are "outclassed" in some tests, I use Remington Golden Sabers.
They feed great, very little flash or smoke. Also, my local PD uses them, so if second worst thing ever happens, at least I'm using an "acceptable" load.

- OS

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just bought an XD9sc too; +P is recomended because of short barrel?

I'm just getting back into pistols. last shot a 92fs when the Army was testing them vs 1911... but I was TDY for 6 months doing nothing but shooting the Baretta and M-16A2 at Camp LeJune :D

The XD is for my wife and she's recoil adverse; do 124gr +P's feel stouter than, say, "regular" 147gr? I'm looking at HST, Gold Dot and any other recommendations you may have.

My wife has no problems with our 10/22 (DUH!) or the M4, but the only pistol she's fired was a S&W .38 snubby. She was good with that, but was firing non +P rounds...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts