Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been browsing the site for a little while now getting info on my wife and I's first gun purchase. As of tonight I will be the proud new owner of a XD 45 4" in DKE. Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I do have one fng question though. Is there anything I need to do before shooting it the first time cleaning, oiling, and general break-in information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Welcome from S.E. Wisconsin. A light cleaning would not hurt before shooting, also do a field take down a couple of times just to get to know your weapon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks man. By the way I'm from Wisconsin. I moved to Az from Armstrong Creek, Wisconsin.

·
Premium Member
127,259 Posts
Wlcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Welcome from Northern California!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
21,863 Posts
Welcome from Mesa/Germany/Afghan

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Greetings from Anthem, AZ (OK, north Phoenix). ;-)

Enjoy your new XDm 45. I love mine! Definitely clean it before shooting it. It will probably be fine as it, but it's good to make sure you didn't get the one gun with a little piece of crap in it. Besides, it's an excuse to play with your new baby and like someone else said, a good way to become familiar with it. And it's ridiculously easy. I clean mine after every firing.

If you've not tried it, I've recently switched over to CLP and Powder Blast in aerosol cans and use a bore snake. It makes cleaning a whole lot easier and better, too.

I just installed a trigger kit on mine and had it torn down all the way for the first time after about 1,000 rounds. Not a spec of dirt or debris anywhere and hardly any signs of wear.

You can never clean your gun too much. Just be careful to lightly oil where it needs it and don't ever leave metal parts completely dry. That's just asking for corrosion. I use either Hoppes or CLP on anything metal and wipe it down good if it doesn't require lubrication.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
XD's and Kawasaki's hard to beat that.. welcome from Cochise County

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome from Texas! and to the Springfield family.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts