Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, this is one hell of a site. I'm pretty impressed reading these threads. You guys know more than the expert who sold me the XD.

I say "not really" because I'm a senior moderator for a very large car forum. I know my way around VB forums pretty well. Now I have two sites to eat up my online time.

I just picked up a 9mm XD with the V10 ported barrel. Got it during this "Gear Up" Promotion and scored three more 16 rnd magazines adding to the two that came in the box. Plus another mag holder, What a steal, those things are like $29.00 each.

I've gotten about 500 rounds through it and I think the next time I'm at the range I'll have the local 'smith' check it out. Up till now, it just blows my mind how great the thing feels and shoots. I'm very happy with this buy.

My other tools are a 15 year old Glock 17, A Desert Eagle 50 AE which was a gift. (its too pretty, too expensive, and too irritating to others to shoot.) So it sits in its case only coming out for people to hold it. Sad, I haven't even bought rounds for it in like 3 years. I also have a zillion year old Sears and Roebuck 30-30 that is mint and a Browning 30-06 for Dear season.

Anyway... Pics or ban is what I say. Here it is.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome to XDtalk from north Idaho! That's a cool xd9, I've never seen one with the porting. I've got a Springfield 1911 (with porting) on lay a way right now at my LGS but haven't been able to get cash together to pick it up yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What car forum do you MOD?
Because I'm a mod, I don't want to bring any of the drama I get involved with there, Here. Which is known to happen.

This site is all new to me, new people, new topics. I don't want some douche I drop kicked off my site, coming and just making life miserable for the mods here because of something I did over there.

Sorry. I'm not trying to be rude. I just know web forums and keyboard warriors. I appreciate the welcome for sure.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Welcome from SE Ohio... love the ported XD, and I wish someone would 'gift' me a Desert Eagle LOL!!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Gifted huh. ;)

JK nice gun. Love the ported look.

Welcome from IL!

·
Premium Member
23,668 Posts
hello there , ive always wanted one of those

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL...everyone who see's too is like, "Who gives that as a gift?"

Jim Skildum is friends with my Grandfather. So I got a special one, show case piece i guess you would call it. If it was a normal DE .50 that I bought. I would have sold it long ago. But you know the whole gift thing and it being somewhat special.

I have shot it, just not in many years. I'm use to it...I know whats coming. But it still scares the piss out of you that first pull. I'll try and get some decent pictures up soon.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
So I am going to go out on a limb and assume you do not actually live in the city. lol You in the burbs? I am in the Naperville area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I am going to go out on a limb and assume you do not actually live in the city. lol You in the burbs? I am in the Naperville area.
LOL. No, I'm in the NW suburbs. This gun came from G.A.T. I'm probably 20min from there. I work near Fermi Lab, so Im familiar with the Naperville areas.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
O cool my nephew works there. Damn that's a bitch of a drive every day. I think the roads you take have been under construction for the past 5 years in one place or another.

Easy guess that you do not live in the city... No way you have permits for all those guns haha.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
O cool my nephew works there. Damn that's a bitch of a drive every day. I think the roads you take have been under construction for the past 5 years in one place or another.

Easy guess that you do not live in the city... No way you have permits for all those guns haha.
It does suck. I have a hybrid so it makes the stupid gas prices not hurt as much. And yea, i will never live in the city of Chicago. Its really a mess there now.

So I go to HP shooting center and GAT. Ive been to maxon in Des Plaines. any other places to shoot around us?

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin. Love the V10, it is on my ever growing list of guns to get.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
It does suck. I have a hybrid so it makes the stupid gas prices not hurt as much. And yea, i will never live in the city of Chicago. Its really a mess there now.

So I go to HP shooting center and GAT. Ive been to maxon in Des Plaines. any other places to shoot around us?

Thanks for the welcomes guys.
There is JR in aurora off Eola. They have a nice range I guess but do not buy ammo there. I have family that lives in paw paw IL with 60 acres. Quick trip down 88, so I go there to do my shooting. Only place I know of that I can shoot my AR besides Aurora Sportsman's club that is more than I am willing to pay atm. But you can go there on open range days and shoot for free. Really nice place.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts