Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 40 sc to the range to try out the new XS big dot sights. I was very impressed with the sight picture, but not very consistent with my shooting until I figured out that the XS sights weren't made for target shooting :roll: ...well duh. I knew they were combat sights, but I did not realize how much different it would be just standing at the range blasting away. Once I finally got the sight picture down, I was able to get decent groups just standing and firing offhand. I wasn't really having fun though...well, I mean I was shooting...so it's relative. Then I decided to do some rapid double-taps from low ready as I moved slightly forward and toward the side. That much movement was all I could do as the range was pretty full. That's when I noticed how much better I could see the front sight :shock: I guess I was just being lazy during the informal shooting. As soon as I turned up the intensity and really concentrated on the target, that big front sight just jumped out and grabbed my attention. My best groups from 7 yards were about 4 inches, mostly low by 2-3 inches from POA but centered for windage. I suppose now I'll just have to break down and start shooting IPSC. I've never done any combat shooting, but just that little bit of movement really made me want to do more. Anyone from Colo shooting IPSC want to give a newb any pointers? :lol: Overall I would not recommend the XS sights for anyone wanting to mostly do inormal range shooting. I'll just have to get a new XD to shoot at the range and keep the sc for carry and combat shoots.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts