Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a NIB 9mm XDSC and loaded up a 13 round mag to check function. What I noticed is that with the 13 round mag installed, the mag release is hard to push in and eject the mag. With an empty mag inserted the mag release works fine. Is this an issue or just the nature of the gun? Thanks guys, this is my first XD and I am still learning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine does that too. I just figured its real tight with 13 in there so I kind of expect that.
The real issue is that it ejects fast when its empty which it does.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
You need that pressure of the compressed mag spring to reliably feed up the ammo for the next round. With the slide closed the ammo stack is pressed up against the under side of the slide. Easy mag release when the slide is open.
Or with full mag inserted and slide closed, while pressing lightly on the mag release button, bump up on the bottom of the mag with the heel of your hand.
A slightly slow exchange of a full mag is not a problem. Failure to have the next round pushed tight and ready for pickup by the slide is a problem.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Mine does that too. I just figured its real tight with 13 in there so I kind of expect that.
The real issue is that it ejects fast when its empty which it does.

Mine does the same, but I have an XDM 45ACP, 4.5" with a 13 rd mag. With a full mag, hard to release it, but when half down to empty it falls easily and that's what matters!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
The mag release on my XD9sx has gotten easer with use.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I've had my XD9SC for five years now. The mag release still does the same thing. I like it like that. Makes it more difficult to drop the mag by accidentally touching the release.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Same here on my XD9mmSC - but gets easier with use...

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
There is no issue here. The pressure on the mag spring pressing up a full load is makeing the release stiff. ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Have 2 9scs and both magazine releases were stiff to start with. After a while, loading full magazines there will loosen up the process.

Congratulations on your new gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts