Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot it today, only had a handful of shells. First was a failure to fire, primer dented, no BOOM. Rest all shot well, no other malfunctions. I have a long way to go to be anywhere near good with it. Practice, practice, practice

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
First - you'll be surprised at how dirty a gun may be straight from the factory. The maker will oil it up to sit on the shelf for months. I've seen Taurus that practically dripped oil. Clean it thoroughly and make sure the striker channel is clean and DRY. Do not lube this area. Run 200-300 rounds through it to break it in a little. The XDS is a reliable, accurate piece and will serve you well.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The first round sounds like it wasn't fully in battery.

As mentioned above, clean and oil it (read instructions). Striker channel should be clean and dry sans oil.

When loading, lock slide to the rear, load mag and either release the slide lock, or pull slide to the rear and FULLY release.

·
Registered
265 Posts
...I have a long way to go to be anywhere near good with it. Practice, practice, practice
Just keep practicing and you will be amazed at how well you can shoot a small gun. It took me a while before I was semi-accurate with my LCP, that is one hard gun to control. The XDS is a dream compared to that.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Just keep practicing and you will be amazed at how well you can shoot a small gun. It took me a while before I was semi-accurate with my LCP, that is one hard gun to control. The XDS is a dream compared to that.
All of that up there. ^^^^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts