Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some great info from some people but still havent found out if SA is now making the XD-9 with a one piece barrell now instead of the 2 piece. Im sure the 2 piece is great... but if they're shipping out now with a one piece, i'd like to try and get the most current. Any info would be great! Thanks !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Well i guess there isnt much truth to that rumor then. Good to know .... Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I still prefer the two piece. :( it looked better.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I bought my 9mm service back in June, it was one of the first that came with 16 round mags, and it looks to have a one piece barrel, here is a pic I just took...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the pics. Now pardon my new guy termonolgy, but i was told where the round part meets the blocks in the back are two seperate pieces. I was under the impression that they are now one machined piece. I know it looks like one piece, but i was told that they are forged together or something like that.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I may be wrong about it being a 1 piece barrel, I didn't look REAL close to it at first, but upon closer examination I can see this tiny area where the barrel joins the block that kind of looks like it may be a seam where it was welded that showed up when they did the final machine work? But if it is they did a REAL good job of trying to hide it's two piece construction, I just happen to have been a machinist for 20 years and this circled area on top of the barrel looks suspicious to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, i just put the order in for an XD-9. We'll see what happens. I'll have to pull it apart when it comes in and check it out. Not like its a bad thing that it's a 2 piece. It's worked for years so i dont see why it wouldnt work now.. right?!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmmm... I did not see the pin on my new 9x19 bbls, so assumed they were now one pice...

May not be. May still be two pieces, they just stopped using the pin.

No problem. Many bbls today are two pieces w/o a pin. My FN High Powers and SA 1911s for example.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts