Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. New member here. I went to the Raleigh gun show yesterday and came home with a XDS .45acp 3.3. Been looking at this gun while I was waiting for my CCL to come back. Saw it for $439.00 and jumped on it.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Welcome, from Florida!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would recommend not putting the city that you reside in. I heard Fayetteville is a prettyyyy bad area. Crime rate is high. What's your opinion/thoughts?? Please don't call it a certain name that starts with a V.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would recommend not putting the city that you reside in. I heard Fayetteville is a prettyyyy bad area. Crime rate is high. What's your opinion/thoughts?? Please don't call it a certain name that starts with a V.
Thanks for the tip. This is my 2nd time to live here and it has really grown with the expansion of Ft Bragg. I do think the crime rate is higher, but it isn't as bad as you might think it is.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I respectfully disagree. This is a global forum. If you are asking a question, or advice, then you need responses from knowledgeable people, IN YOUR LOCALITY.

DETAILS are obviously a bad idea. But saying that you name is Buster, from Butte Montana, is not a bad idea. Folks from Montana can respond with local knowledge.

For example, I don't know the laws in Montana. I live in North Carolina.

But Buster in Montana would be really stupid if he took my advice, and I'd be equally stupid to offer advice if I don't know where Buster lives.

Duane

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome from Georgia!

·
Premium Member
127,992 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I respectfully disagree. This is a global forum. If you are asking a question, or advice, then you need responses from knowledgeable people,IN YOUR LOCALITY.

DETAILS are obviously a bad idea. But saying that you name is Buster, from Butte Montana, is not a bad idea. Folks from Montana can respond with local knowledge.

For example, I don't know the laws in Montana. I live in North Carolina.

But Buster in Montana would be really stupid if he took my advice, and I'd be equally stupid to offer advice if I don't know where Buster lives.

Duane
Thanks for the tip. This is my 2nd time to live here and it has really grown with the expansion of Ft Bragg. I do think the crime rate is higher, but it isn't as bad as you might think it is.
I guess I will quit lying. I worked there for 15 years. (not in Ft. Bragg.) Every year it got worse and worse. Good people moved out, horrible people took their place. Neighborhoods went downhill one by one.

I am the type of person that will not even put my age on here. But I also live in NC.

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Greetings from Beer City.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome from another "Raleigh area" guy.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I posted in your other thread but, Welcome from another North Carolinian! I was born and grew up in Fayetteville. It had a bad reputation in the 60's and 70's because of all the topless clubs on Hay St. which drew a troublesome group. Mostly young recruits, far from home, just looking for fun.
The thing I learned was WHERE to go and WHERE NOT to go. Most of my family still lives there and it is a nice town...as long as you stay away from the bad spots.
Good luck to you and yours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I posted in your other thread but, Welcome from another North Carolinian! I was born and grew up in Fayetteville. It had a bad reputation in the 60's and 70's because of all the topless clubs on Hay St. which drew a troublesome group. Mostly young recruits, far from home, just looking for fun.
The thing I learned was WHERE to go and WHERE NOT to go. Most of my family still lives there and it is a nice town...as long as you stay away from the bad spots.
Good luck to you and yours.
Thanks...this is my second time to be stationed at Bragg. I know the places the to avoid that you're talking about. It like other places that I've been, you avoid the bad places in town.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts