Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like my new XDS 9mm! It actually shot some very light 9mm hollow points ( critical defense 100G and 115G) that my new glocks would not cycle! Build quality and everything else is amazing on my gun! One issue though. After shooting about 100 rounds of FMJ and 20 rounds of hollow points with zero issues, my friend noticed that the trigger pin was sliding out all by itself! Has anyone ever had an issue like this? I already talked to Springfield and the gun is currently in their hands for inspection and repair. Also, when I pull the trigger, it feels like it rubs against something right before it hits the break wall, which I found odd. Pretty weird situation indeed. I wonder if they are related. The trigger issue was noted even before I started firing so there's that. I can't wait to hear from Springfield and hopefully I can have my gun back 100% functional. Too bad, because it shoots amazing like a big gun and fed everything with no problems. thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trouble I have an XDs-9 3.3 and .45 and don't have this problem however I have had pins move on me with other guns and it is frustrating. This has not happened to me in a long time but I'm forever OCD about my pins moving on there own with each gun I get because of one or two issues I have had with it in the past with other handguns.

Hopefully Springfield will fix it for you correctly the first time you send it back I do not believe it is a design issue or really common issue so maybe it is just an out of spec pin, which pin exactly are you referring to is it one of the two pins that are actually in the trigger itself or the big pin in the frame above the trigger?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear about your trouble I have an XDs-9 3.3 and .45 and don't have this problem however I have had pins move on me with other guns and it is frustrating. This has not happened to me in a long time but I'm forever OCD about my pins moving on there own with each gun I get because of one or two issues I have had with it in the past with other handguns.

Hopefully Springfield will fix it for you correctly the first time you send it back I do not believe it is a design issue or really common issue so maybe it is just an out of spec pin, which pin exactly are you referring to is it one of the two pins that are actually in the trigger itself or the big pin in the frame above the trigger?
Thanks. Yeah it's the big pin on the frame (the one that the trigger rides on). Yeah I think that it's an isolated issue. Not related, but the take down pin on my Taurus TCP 380 was also sliding out on its own. Bummer. Picture of the pin coming out of my XDS will be uploaded.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you try pushing the pin back in to where it clicks?
Gun came back already from Springfield with the pin replaced. Went to the range again and the pin stayed in place. They fixed it within a week of sending it, which makes me very happy. The old pin used to move too freely (in my opinion).

·
Registered
175 Posts
xds9mmrookie4, glad to hear that things went well with Springfield's C/S. I am on this site because S&W's C/S sucked, it took them over 3 months to replace my old .40 S&W when the frame cracked. After much web surfing I found this site and several others. When my .40 was replaced I traded it for a XDS 3.3 in .45 APC, I like it much more than the .40 and it shoots great. Enjoy your XDS and keep us in the loop. Take care, John.:smile:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xds9mmrookie4, glad to hear that things went well with Springfield's C/S. I am on this site because S&W's C/S sucked, it took them over 3 months to replace my old .40 S&W when the frame cracked. After much web surfing I found this site and several others. When my .40 was replaced I traded it for a XDS 3.3 in .45 APC, I like it much more than the .40 and it shoots great. Enjoy your XDS and keep us in the loop. Take care, John.:smile:
Oh wow 3 months? That's a very long time. Yeah pretty satisfied with Springfield. I went ahead and ordered an XDM MOD II 45 subcompact partially for that reason (good CS from Springfield). I'm still impressed with the build quality of these weapons.Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have shot my XDS 9MM a few more times and I'm happy to say that things are still going well with this sweet little shooter. Xd Mod II 45 and XDM 4.5 9MM have joined the family since then.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats on the new XDs. Glad SA CS took care of you. I find adding the Talon rubber grips has helped me a lot in terms of comfort.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am glad you enjoy your XDS. I have 9mm 4.0. Put about 12,000 rounds through it since it first came out. Still my favorite carry gun.

Reactions: JMag

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I am glad you enjoy your XDS. I have 9mm 4.0. Put about 12,000 rounds through it since it first came out. Still my favorite carry gun.
Wow, that's a lot of rounds for an XDs. Just curious have you had any maintenance issues in that time? Like springs or small parts wearing out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of rounds for an XDs. Just curious have you had any maintenance issues in that time? Like springs or small parts wearing out.
Nope. None. Just have disassmeble it completely to clean it out.

Shoots like a charm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Shoots like a charm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Wow that's a lot of rounds! I have like top 100 rounds through it! Haha. I guess I'll learn how to dissamble it completely once I hit about 1000 rounds in a couple or more years.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I'm surprised the recoil spring hasn't gotten weak enough to cause feed or extraction issues. If it hasn't yet, it will soon enough. If you like to shoot it as much as you appear to, you might consider ordering a spare to have on hand.

Great to hear how reliable these little guns are!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Glad they took care of you expediently! The XDs is a fine gun and I've been nothing but happy with my .40!

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
I have not yet fired my XDS 40 but I have plenty of rounds thru my XDS 45, both before and a lot more after 'The Recall' I do have a slightly higher round count on the XDS 9.
I have never had a reason to test Springfield's Customer Service, But I did with Glock (I had to ship at my expense, nearly $80), but the service was good otherwise. Para was quick, but poor the first time, they paid more attention the second time. slow, but sure. Ruger (American Compact 9) was very fast and sure. FMK was pleasant, quick.
those are the only ones I recall at the moment, but I think there was one other.. My Taurus G2, and 605 work fine.

Reactions: xds9mmrookie41
1 - 19 of 19 Posts