Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a .45 cal XDs for my primary ccw pistol and I have a question concerning the striker retaining pin, how often should it be replaced, thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Can't help you with your question, however; Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't help you with your question, however; Welcome from Central Florida.
Thanks, and the XDs may not have this feature now that I have given it a better look. I know the XD'S will need a replacement after a few thousand rounds but I can't locate the roll pin on mine.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks, and the XDs may not have this feature now that I have given it a better look. I know the XD'S will need a replacement after a few thousand rounds but I can't locate the roll pin on mine.
The XDS doesn't have a striker retaining pin like the XDM so you don't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome from Georgia

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies and acceptance. I should have done my homework before I asked this question.
I had a chance to get to the range with it, flawless with 100 rounds of Wolf ammo, I have to get used to it as I shot a little low and to the right. A very manageable pistol for its size!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Looks like your question got answered...congrats on the new xds, mines a fun pistol to shoot too!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like your question got answered...congrats on the new xds, mines a fun pistol to shoot too!
Thanks, yes it is a blast to shoot, pun intended :p and for a .45 in a firearm this size it is actually not at all that bad with the recoil. I have had Glock's for 20 years and they are thick as a brick and for my EDC firearm this XDs is almost invisible. I did have a M&P Shield in 9 mm for a bit but wasn't to keen on it, the XDs appears to be a more robust firearm.

I have a couple of pistols but I'am one of those rifle guys as they make me look good at the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts