Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A week or two ago I bought a new xds 9mm 3.3 bitone from a shop in Austin TX for less than $575. they had a 10% off deal. I immediately sent in the paperwork to get the three free mags from Springfield. CHHHAAAACHHINGGGG. The fact that I now have 5 magazines with the gun for free along with the junky xd gear... resale should be pretty good if I can keep good enough care of this tool. I added some PRP grips because for whatever reason my somewhat large sweaty hands did not go too well with the "stubby" grip texture. Now she fits like a glove....kinda.

Just a little background... I would recently consider myself to have JUST left the "beginner" stage of handgun shooting. I have fired close to ~3000 rounds through various handguns. Most have been through my Taurus PT92AF ($325) black friday at academy. I dont know why everyone doesnt own one these things at this price. As well as some friend's Sig226 a few glocks, 1911s, and just a few wheel guns.

I obviously still have A LOT to learn about handgun shooting and am eager to acquire this knowledge to improve my skill. I am an NRA member and believe in allowing any American who has retained the status of an "outstanding citizen" by the age of 18 to own a handgun.

Went to the range today and put ~300 rounds of 115gr fmj through the xds. I dont have photos of the targets. sorry. My first ~40 rounds were (LOW and to the RIGHT), after readjusting the phisical position of the firarm in my hand (more in line with my forearm) I was shooting a little less low and to the right. for the next ~100 rounds I started to shoot (LOW and to the LEFT) normal and was corrected by applying more pressure with my thumbs on the side of the firearm. So now i am just shooting low :cry::cry::cry: I assume because I am used to the light SA pull of my Taurus 92. Will be working on that the next time to the range.

I did a TON TON TON TON of research on the internet to settle on the XDS. Ill post some photos of my purchase and one of my Taurus just for fun. For anyone looking to decide on the XDS for their carry gun.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I hope the XDs works out for you.
Sounds like you just need a little range time to get accustomed to the gun.

Love your avatar..
McCoy SPANKED Romo's butt Monday night..
I loved it.....

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your insight, experience, and of course pictures. Hope you enjoy your XDS!!!! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the XD-S 9mm 4 inch and I love it. Perfect for my wife and I to shoot.

Hook'em Horns!! \m/

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have it in 9mm too. Haven't shot it yet as I had surgery on my wrist 3 weeks ago. I'm so eager to head to the range.

I just notice that after visiting walmart and dick's there's a shortage of 9mm. It's only available in fmj which is great for the range but none in HP.

Any particular brand or does it just about eat anything?

FYI, there were plenty of .45. I think I should have opted for the xds 45

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also a new XDs owner. Got mine yesterday and am chomping at the bit to put some rounds down range. I initially went in to look at the Shield and didn’t realize that the XD came in a single stack. I have envied a friends XD but wanted something that would tuck in better. Now I have to wade through the IWB holster recommendations…….

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome Bigc. I noticed you had Talon grips on your XDs, they go a long way to improve comfort. According to a chart I have when you shoot Low/ Right it lists the cause as tightening grip while pulling the trigger, Low / Left says tightening fingers, jerking or slapping trigger. I'm no expert, I'm still trying to sort out my own problems. My XDs is the only gun I have that I cant shoot well, I had the problem with both the 45 and 9mm. J L

1 - 14 of 14 Posts