Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new xds-9 last week and now reading that they are coming with a 7 and 9 round mag, mine only had the 7 & 8 round. Am I missing anything with the 9 round? I like the gun and the 8 round mag. Should I invest in the 9 round when getting extra, or can you find the 8 round? Thanks

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Welcome Tony!

They used to come with the 7 and 9. They now come with the 7 and 8. 8s are prefered over 9s. You're lucky you have the 8 rounder. Lots of threads here in the XDS sub-forum about the mags.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
I just got a new xds-9 last week and now reading that they are coming with a 7 and 9 round mag, mine only had the 7 & 8 round. Am I missing anything with the 9 round? I like the gun and the 8 round mag. Should I invest in the 9 round when getting extra, or can you find the 8 round? Thanks

The 7 round mags fit flush and many like to add a Pearce or other finger extension, have 1 on each of my 4 7-round mags. The 9-round mags are great for the range, make a concealed carry a little difficult, but it's possible. Not really sure why S-A went from a 9 to an 8 round mag, the 9 rounders are not known to be a problem like the extended capacity .45 mags.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts