Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new XDS .45 and ran 125 rounds through it today without one issue, except of course the trigger is a bit stiff. Fired 50 rounds of my hand loads and 75 round of factory new Blazer all good, nice accuracy, considering that trigger pull.

I have been reading about the replacement spring kit along with the gunsmith "James", but I cannot locate his website or any costs to have James rework the trigger on this pistol.

Also, I could install a spring kit myself, but I am not certain if the post recall gun video is out yet, I watched one video and the re-assembly is a little tricky.

Sparx

·
Registered
599 Posts
ajamesp51 is his username, post recall videos are out, I did it myself, wasn't that hard if you are mechanically inclined, and pay attention to details, some springs has yo be inserted in certain way and direction. You can send the complete trigger mechanism and save on shipping.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
He's a sponsor on this forum. Go see the commercial sponsors and vendors sub forum on here and you'll find him as XDMan.

XD-HS2000.com

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the links and replies, how much is the charge to have him do the trigger work?
Not sure if only that is done is a spring kit install or not?
I read on a thread where the sear spring contact area was slightly shortened, does James do this also?
sparx

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
You guys keep it and help someone else when the need arises. Sure makes it easy if you pay attention. James helps us so much here it's amazing he takes time to do this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got the XDs back from James this morning. I had him install the PRP spring kit and some new TFO sights. He did a great job.

I Love the sights. They are so easy to acquire in low light. I was worried that in daylight they might be hard to see. The dots are harder to see, but the silhouette is easy to spot and it's just as quick to get the sights on target.

The trigger break with the new spring kit is so much better. It's smooth and definitely lighter. I can't wait to take it to the range this weekend.

James is so easy to work with. I highly recommend him.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered a spring kit for mine, should be able to install them after watching the videos a few times already. I have all the tools, have to make the forked tongue spring arm pusher is all.
I cannot use the gun with an 8# trigger, that is too stiff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts