Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here and I thought I'd share my experience with my newly purchased XDS 4.0 .45. I bought this pistol to replace my 1911 as an edc gun and to that end I feel I made a great choice. It is light, comfortable to carry and much more concealable than my 5" 1911. I ordered a Blackdog OWB holster and mag carrier and Talon's rubber grip wrap. All items should arrive soon. I also registered to get the 3 free mags deal with Springfield which according to their web site will arrive in about 12 weeks. Heck of a deal there! The only issue I have with the XDS is of course the trigger but that is something that I can acclimate to in such a great carry piece. As to the accuracy, I was able to put the first six rounds fired out of this pistol in a fist sized group at 8 yards. With more trigger time the group will tighten up considerably. This gun is a shooter! Ammo was PMC Bronze 230gr ball. If anybody is on the fence about picking up the new 4.0 in .45, based on my limited experience with it, I say don't wait. It's a great little pistol! I would post pictures but the ridiculous 10 post rule has kicked them to the curb so you'll have to take my word for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are the holsters for the 9mm and 45 the same, I only see holsters for the 9mm 4.0 listed

Jim
Yes sir, both the 9 and 45 are dimensionally equal @ .9" in width. When I ordered the mag holder I specified in a separate note that I needed one for the .45 mag. Hope this helps. BTW, this will be my first experience with Blackdog Concealment so I can't speak to their fit and quality. I did read many positive reviews before ordering though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome, if you wanted to get some easy posts in to reach that magical 10 post mark head over to the new member welcome forum. Usually lots of fast paced forums there.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia

·
Registered
340 Posts
Welcome,
I guess you know you could cut the barrel down to 3.3" and have the perfect carry gun. :p

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Congrats on the gun, it's a good gun...took a while to grow on me but I have been carrying it every day for the last few weeks. Easy to carry in the summer heat here in southern Texas. So that grouping, was it from concealed carry, holster draw, two to center mass, one to the head in no more than two seconds ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on the gun, it's a good gun...took a while to grow on me but I have been carrying it every day for the last few weeks. Easy to carry in the summer heat here in southern Texas. So that grouping, was it from concealed carry, holster draw, two to center mass, one to the head in no more than two seconds ;)
That's funny right there! I am so untacticool it ain't funny. Thanks to all for the welcome. Blackdog holster and Talon grip arrived today. The holster is great as is the Talon grip. Hard to believe a small change such as the Talon grip can make such a big difference. I also bought the pancake wings for the holster and they really help draw the entire rig up close for good concealment. Both Blackdog Concealment and Talon get a BIG thumbs up from me! Very fast shipping too, I placed orders for both items on 8-7 and received them today, 8-11. That's service!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts