Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my XDm 9mm from the gun store. I currently have a XDm 40cal. One thing I noticed is the reset on the XDm 9mm is more obvious.... The reset seems louder and stronger which I do like. I am dying to shoot it. I was suppose to buy 2 extra mags but they didnt come in the shipment so I am only stuck with two mags. I hope its not impossible to find mags for the XDm 9mm. I am gonna call Springfield and ask I can buy hi cap mags direct and have it shipped to my agency located in California.

Does anyone know if its possible to for a LEO to buy hi cap mags direct from online retailers if I were to fax to LEO id?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I just picked up my XDm 9mm from the gun store. I currently have a XDm 40cal. One thing I noticed is the reset on the XDm 9mm is more obvious.... The reset seems louder and stronger which I do like. I am dying to shoot it. I was suppose to buy 2 extra mags but they didnt come in the shipment so I am only stuck with two mags. I hope its not impossible to find mags for the XDm 9mm. I am gonna call Springfield and ask I can buy hi cap mags direct and have it shipped to my agency located in California.

Does anyone know if its possible to for a LEO to buy hi cap mags direct from online retailers if I were to fax to LEO id?
You would have to call SA and get The LEO dept. to answer that.

·
Registered
280 Posts

SA is running a special now, if you buy a XD or XDm you'll also get an additional 2 free mags with an additional double mag holder. You should have gotten a red card to send in for the additional stuff. :?:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt get a red card. I think I can download the form from SA's website and send that in with a copy of my receipt for the free mags.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am gonna call Springfield and ask I can buy hi cap mags direct and have it shipped to my agency located in California.

Does anyone know if its possible to for a LEO to buy hi cap mags direct from online retailers if I were to fax to LEO id?[/quote]

i have already contacted them on this issue. i purchased a xdm9mm too, pickup is this friday, any how, they said that in order for a leo in california to get the high cap mags they will have to have it shipped to a ffl dealer, and then picked up there. they will not ship high cap mags to california for anyone unless they are leo. and even then they wont even ship them to you, only to a ffl dealer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might be in luck. I just spoke to my gun dealer. He told me the 2 extra mags I was suppose to get is on a slow ups ground shipment due to come in about 1 week. I am also gonna send in the redemption form for the 2 free mags from SA.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they said that in order for a leo in california to get the high cap mags they will have to have it shipped to a ffl dealer, and then picked up there. they will not ship high cap mags to california for anyone unless they are leo. and even then they wont even ship them to you, only to a ffl dealer.[/quote]

warhawk,

Who did you speak to at Springfield Armory? One time I had problems w/ my hi cap xd45 mags and Lexi from the law enforcement dept sent me 3 free mags to my Dept address. If you are law enforcement, avoid talking to anyone else except for Lexi. They usually give LEO priority with less waiting time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I didnt get a red card. I think I can download the form from SA's website and send that in with a copy of my receipt for the free mags.

You are correct! Just picked mine up today and mailed out the form downloaded from SA's website along with a copy of the receipt for the (2) additional mags and sleeve...says 6-8weeks I believe.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally shot the xdm9mm the other day and I still like the xd45 tactical better. The sights are set to a 6 o clock hold. I am thinking about getting a full blown trigger job on it and making it into a comp/range gun only.

Going off the subject....Last nite, I totally took apart my glock 17 and put in a 3.5lb connector and changed the springs to competition springs. While I was putting the half cups back on the firing pin spring, i accidently let go...heard a boinnngggg.....and one of the half cups gets lost flying across the room. No worrys....i dismantle my glock 23 and borrowed half cup to fix the 17. Looks like I am going to order more parts.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Warhawk,

I just ordered 6 xdm 9mm mags from Springfield. They charged my credit card and will be sending them to me at my Dept address. I wanted them to swap out 6 defective mags....they are sending me 3 free ones instead. I also paid for express services (extra 25.00) so the order should go out tommorrow. As far as the free promotional mags, I need to also have it shipped to my Dept along w/ a letter head I create stating I am a peace officer and want them shipped to my dept address.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts