Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening to all, just purchased an XDm40, first firearm I have owned personally, spent 9 yrs Army, so really had no need to purchase a gun until recently. It is a blast. Surprised at how accurate this weapon is. I am still shooting left with it though unless I bench shoot it, not sure what marksmanship fundamental I am messing up on but I know it is me because bench shooting the weapon shows it is "dead" on (could shoot a board at 25 meters that is one inch in width while support shooting). I have not had much training with handguns (never used them in the Army) so any pointers or tips would be appreciated. Thanks for having me and look forward to browsing the board.

Warms regards,
Jason

·
Registered
118 Posts
from your past army experience I'm sure you realize that trigger placement is important. If your consistently to the left, I'd check that out when I went back. But practice practice practice will solve most problems.
Great to hear you had fun. I have the XD 45 (Glock 27 is my .40 caliber :oops: ). Happy cleaning after your range time.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
i have the xdm9 and LOVE IT too, you will not be disappointed with the weapon vs others available, the only thing close in my opinion is a glock or m&p but the xdm IS superior, at least by my standards. my dad has a px4 storm which i really liked too but this springfield is done right!!! enjoy

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Possibly it is how you are placing your trigger finger on the trigger. Most say to use the pad of your finger but the XDm, in my case, requires more finger on the trigger.
Safety rules rule, any and every gun is loaded until you safe it.
Practice, practice, practice.
When you change how you hold the gun, pull the trigger and so on do only one thing at a time so you can concentrate on that one item. Watch how you grip it and how you use your off hand.
Practice, practice, practice!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Headed to the range again Weds with a friend to work on trigger squeeze and hopefully alleviate the pull to the left. Purchased some low recoil 135's for the job. Federal HSHP and JHP's coming in Weds too so cheers to all.:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Hello and welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I have an XD 45 service and love it. Check your finger position on the trigger. The Army taught me to use the pad of my finger and pull the trigger smoothly until it fires. When it goes off it should be a surprise. Have fun on the range!

·
Registered
148 Posts
welcome

1 - 18 of 18 Posts