Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in CA when i got my first pistol and it was XD service 9mm
I love this pistol, even though it came with 10 round cap magazine.

today, i finally got my brand new XDM 3,8 9mm that i've been dreaming about and came with 2 19 round magazine. i was so excited, and got home.. loaded with 19 round
but i found that magazine didn't go all the way to the top.. didn't click
so i took one bullet out and tried.. it worked. it was hard but i went in and clicked.. is it considered as normal ?
my xd service never had this problem..should i call SA to find out ?
anyone have this problem ?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'd have to force a 16 round magazine into my XDm-40 3.8 (bought 11-2010). Since I don't treat my stuff like that, 15 is ok with me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a .40 with the 16 round magazines, loaded them to capacity and left them like that for a week. Now the spring has a little less tension.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My XDM9 3.8 does the same with a full mag, considered normal. It will go.in with enough pressure but I usually just put 18 in it and call it good, if I can't get the b/g with 18 then I'm better off throwing the gun at him.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas, and to the Springfield family!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Normal. You have to push the bullets down slightly inside the mag when seating it in the gun. A full mag has a fairly large amount of spring force and it's hard to compress. Put it in as far as it goes then THUMP it hard with the palm of your hand.

You can either hit the gym and bulk up or do what I do and insert the full mag with the slide OPEN. Having the "+1" may have been valuable when the mag only held 7, but with a modern double stack.... not so much.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida!

·
Registered
64 Posts
My XDM9 3.8 does the same with a full mag, considered normal. It will go.in with enough pressure but I usually just put 18 in it and call it good, if I can't get the b/g with 18 then I'm better off throwing the gun at him.
Exactly, I do the same thing or you end up slamming it in there. And yea I hit my mags in pretty hard in general, but not THAT hard - sometimes it won't even click with 19rds.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts