Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning folks. I recently acquired an almost new XDm 3.8 compact in 45acp yesterday. I hope to shoot it this evening and see what all the chatter is about. I've had 1911's, Glocks, Sigs and Bersas but never an XDm. I love the ergonomics of this gun and feel it will fit my needs perfectly. I look forward to learning all I can and please, don't flame me too bad for asking a dumb question. Thanks again for having me. I'll update with a range report and pics. Also, are there any certain tips, tricks or concerns I should pay attention to? I traded for this and all looks good when I broke it down to clean and lube.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome! Shoot it and enjoy. I have not run into any issues with my XD models. Make use of the reloading tool that comes with the case. It makes a difference putting in the last 8 - 10 rounds.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. All I have to say is WOW. Why haven't I got one of these a long time ago? Very very smooth shooter. I fired 26 rounds, 1 at a can to see POI, the rest at a target at 7, 10 and 15 yards. Take out the 3 flyers and the biggest group was 12 rounds at 15 yards that measured 5". I'm very happy. Now I need more ammo. Dang it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Premium Member
127,996 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome from Farmersville! :p

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome from Georgia

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks folks. I shot again today and I just can't get over how nice this gun is to shoot. I have no clue why I would talk myself out of one of these. I've bought and traded 8 hand guns since March trying to find the "one". I could've saved a bunch of money. Haha.

·
Super Moderator
46,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks folks. I'm fortunate to live in the country where I can step out in my backyard and shoot. I'm gonna go broke buying ammo. I love shooting this gun.

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
51 Posts
That is the same weapon I am looking for now. I won't pay more than $450 with 2 mags, same as one updated today. Sorry if I hijacked your thread.

Welcome from Washington!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts