Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, haven't been around here long - so hello everybody!

Onto the point - picked up my XDm 9mm Compact from my FFL today. I inspected the firearm as thoroughly as I could without actually field-/full-stripping it, but didn't give much notice to the magazines. I noticed that they both looked like compact-size magazines, which was disappointing because I was expecting a compact and a full-size magazine, but not a big deal. It wasn't until I got home much later and really started going through the case that I noticed one of these magazines was not only not a full-size 9mm magazine, but not a 9mm magazine at all - it was the 11-round .40S&W compact magazine.

My question(s) are: is this a problem for Springfield or for the vendor I purchased the firearm from? I'm kind of assuming it was a mix-up at the vendor's brick-and-mortar store where the handgun was probably in a display case and the magazines got mixed up when going back into the case for shipping. So that brings the next question - since I've already accepted the firearm from the FFL (shame on me for not checking EVERYTHING) is there anything I can ask the vendor to do to fix the problem? Any helpful advice or suggestion is welcome.

Also, apologies for the long-winded post without pictures - pictures to come!

·
Registered
25 Posts
man, sorry to hear about your unfortunate luck:( hope everything works out! I would definitely get in touch with the guy asap. I guess that would be after 4th of July, lol. but in all, if he is a worthy vendor I would assume he could make the fix, but you never know some people can just be down right disrespectful:-?. as stated before, hope everything works out!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I would imagine they will fix the issue. It's not like they are out money from it. Just need to find the other misplaced mag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, I sent the vendor an e-mail last night after I discovered the error (since it was much too late for anyone to be around to answer the phone), but I haven't gotten a reply yet. I might call later on the off chance that they're open on the 4th.

Update (7/5): The vendor replied and informed me that they have contacted Springfield and I should be receiving the 19rd magazine straight from Springfield in the mail soon. I even get to keep the .40 magazine... Anyone need a .40S&W magazine for a compact XDm? >.<

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome Shadow19,

I'm new here myself too and also got a new XDM 9mm compact which I haven't gotten a chance to fire yet.

I had a problem with the 19 round mag that came with it. When it was full (Rem 115 JHP) it wouldn't fit back into the gun.

When I took one round out (leaving 18) it fit fine. Have you had that problem? I double checked the round count. Let me know.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Update (7/5): The vendor replied and informed me that they have contacted Springfield and I should be receiving the 19rd magazine straight from Springfield in the mail soon. I even get to keep the .40 magazine... Anyone need a .40S&W magazine for a compact XDm? >.<
Great news!!! Springfield is know for great customer service!!!

Also, welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Welcome Shadow19,

I'm new here myself too and also got a new XDM 9mm compact which I haven't gotten a chance to fire yet.

I had a problem with the 19 round mag that came with it. When it was full (Rem 115 JHP) it wouldn't fit back into the gun.

When I took one round out (leaving 18) it fit fine. Have you had that problem? I double checked the round count. Let me know.
Same thing happens to my XDMc 9mm. I believe it's a common problem

·
Registered
339 Posts
Same thing happens to my XDMc 9mm. I believe it's a common problem
When I first got my XD40, the mag springs were super tight and they were hard to load to full capacity. When I did get them full, they were difficult to put in the gun. When inserted into your gun the top round is pushed down and the spring is compressed a little further. Try loading one less than full capacity or inserting the mag at else lock and releasing the slide to chamber the first round. After shooting 100 rounds out of each of my mags they were broke in and the problem was gone.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah, I sent the vendor an e-mail last night after I discovered the error (since it was much too late for anyone to be around to answer the phone), but I haven't gotten a reply yet. I might call later on the off chance that they're open on the 4th.

Shadow, check your Inbox if you still have the extra .40 magazine. I might be interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts

Lock the slide open, insert the 100% full mag. Notice how it slides in with little to no exertion on your part? Release the slide and you're done.

If you are putting one in the chamber, then inserting a 100% full magazine, then you have to overcome the full spring pressure. Just slide it in until it stops, then WHACK it like a man with the palm of your hand.

Personally, I just insert the full mag, release the slide and call it good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts