Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! New to the forum and a new handgun shooter as well. I've got quite a bit of time in with rifle and shotgun recreational shooting but had never really shot a handgun until recently. (I've owned a few - but have less than 100 rounds experience) With that said, I've decided to pick up the handgun and possibly do some competition shooting for fun.

Given this, I've recently purchased a new XDM 9mm based on how it felt in the hand and shot at the local range. The gun just 'felt' right to me and I shot it better than any of the other guns I've tried to date - G19, 92FS, M&P9, and Sig 226. I've never had any formal training but am signing up for a one-on-one shooting lesson as well as the Oklahoma Self Defense Act Safety Course at my local gun range.

I went to the range this weekend and put ~ 250 rounds through the new gun and below is the last 19 rounds shot of the day at 12 - 13 yards, slow fire from the XDM.

This was my best group but most of them were in this 'ballpark' after the first 100 rounds through the gun. Slightly high, right seemed to be a trend. Going to be putting quite a few rounds through this gun - I LOVE IT!

Now for the question: Are there any formal plans or rumors about a XDMsc in the near future? I'm needing a concealed carry gun and would love to get a gun with similar grip ergonomics and trigger pull - and be able to share magazines as well. Sorry if this has already been posted but couldn't find it with a brief search and thought I'd tag on to my introduction thread!

Now to close with a picture of my new baby! Look forward to being a contributing member of the community!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
good group.improves with more shooting
Thanks! Forgot to also mention that I am right handed but left eye dominant. With that, I shoot the pistol southpaw and it's pretty natural for me given all the time I've spent with a rifle in LH.

Along with news on the XDMsc I have another question as well. Where can I find a good IDPA/USPSA approved holster in LH configuration for the XDM 9? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome to the boards. I also joined the XDM world this month, but have not posted any pics yet. I am loving these boards so far. Hopefully you will also.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome from VA, that is an awesome grouping! I love the OD Green Bi Tone. I dont think there are any plans for a XDMsc in the near future. I think the next XDM you will see will be the .45. From what I have read on the boards your best bet would be to get a XDsc and get a trigger job done. I may be talking out of my A$$ though. I am sure someone with alot more experience will post and put me in my place. Congrats again on the purchase I know I am loving mine.

Cheers!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can't imagine there would be a XDm SC. The m series is all about the high capacity and match grade barrel and a couple of other tweaks. You tend to lose both of those with a size reduction.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thats a real nice grouping for someone new to handguns! Love the gun, Mine is in the mail :mrgreen:. Yours is one of the first OD XDm's Ive seen on this site, looks awesome!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input! I appreciate the kind words on the shooting as I really have no idea how 'well' or 'not well' I'm doing. I'm pleased but know I have a lot of work in front of me to get my speed up and to maintain consistency. Going to be a fun ride!

I'm a big fan of the OD bitone - which is kind of a suprise for me given the fact that I usually don't care for OD guns. Really grew on me the more I saw it in person and I got it for the same price I could purchase the standard version at other shops locally which made it easier to justify. (Not that I needed a lot of help!)

Anybody got any input on the LH holster for USPSA? I have tried to call Springfield two days in a row but never get anyone to answer the phone. Wanted to see if they made an XDM paddle holster in LH - comes with RH only - and also wanted to check on XDM 9mm magazine availability. I'd like to purchase a couple more to give me 6 total once I get my freebies in the mail.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't imagine there would be a XDm SC. The m series is all about the high capacity and match grade barrel and a couple of other tweaks. You tend to lose both of those with a size reduction.
Yeah, the match barrel and high capacity logic makes sense - but I like the backstrap customization, texturing, and trigger improvements as well. Just wasn't sure if there was a newer SC in the works before doing some shopping on my CC weapon. Haven't even shot any of the sub compacts at this point - beyond the G26 - and I'm not in a huge hurry at this point. All I do know is I don't like the Glock and didn't shoot it well. I also know it was too bulky for me to carry daily and was looking for something a little less chunky.

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Great groupings! Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania!

As Gombu had mentioned, I don't know if SA will be coming out with an SC version in XDm given their intent on a high capacity gun. Have you had the chance to try out the XD9 sc?

Again, great shooting! :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts