Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It couldn't have been used more than once or twice, it's so new looking and it has zero holster wear so I'm guessing it was a safe queen. I wanted a 45 that had higher capacity than my 1911, something that I could use if I needed some serious firepower on my hip in some kind of situation.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I couldn't pass up this gun when I saw it at a gun store. I've been wanting a high capacity 45acp and I've been so impressed with my XD Mod2, that I was really wanting a Springfield. Luckily, they had this one on consignment and it has seen very little use. It came with a spare mag and a nice zipper bag.

View attachment 849428

View attachment 849425
Sweet, looks like you two are going to have a great relationship.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
great find, awesome gun. Hope it serves you well. I love both of my XDM's ..... don't shoot them nearly enough, especially now.... but they have been really excellent. Enjoy it!

Reactions: Texan-XD

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is the perfect gun for general purposes, and if I can find one, I will get it. I want a .45 that is almost indestructible, and I don’t subscribe to the fad that the 9mm is the all in all wonder gun.
I have a Sig P226 9mm that I could use for this purpose, but I wanted a high capacity 45 I could put on my hip if I needed to, in these crazy times. I would be well defended with my 1911, but this gun will fill the bill best, with two spare mags and one up the pipe, hard to beat 40 rounds of 45acp goodness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I couldn't pass up this gun when I saw it at a gun store. I've been wanting a high capacity 45acp and I've been so impressed with my XD Mod2, that I was really wanting a Springfield. Luckily, they had this one on consignment and it has seen very little use. It came with a spare mag and a nice zipper bag.

View attachment 849428

View attachment 849425
I picked up this exact pistol about a year and a half ago just before the 'pandemic'… fits my hand well and love having the fire power of a .45

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I have a very similar firearm to the original poster. The only difference is that my XDM 45 is a 5.25 instead of the 4.5. It shoots very well when I take it out to the range. Although during this time of high priced ammunition most of my firearms have been relegated to the gun safe with very little, if any, time out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a Sig P226 9mm that I could use for this purpose, but I wanted a high capacity 45 I could put on my hip if I needed to, in these crazy times. I would be well defended with my 1911, but this gun will fill the bill best, with two spare mags and one up the pipe, hard to beat 40 rounds of 45acp goodness.
These are crazy times, and I need to get some 1911 magazines, in .45 caliber. I need about 5 more, because I don’t want to be caught with my pants down.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a very similar firearm to the original poster. The only difference is that my XDM 45 is a 5.25 instead of the 4.5. It shoots very well when I take it out to the range. Although during this time of high priced ammunition most of my firearms have been relegated to the gun safe with very little, if any, time out.
know what you mean with the price of ammo, my m1a hasn't been to the range in about 9 months

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered a Safariland Bianchi kydex holster, it's very minimalistic and it's also a retention holster. I'll post a pic when I get it in.

I took the XDM to the range today, all I can say is, it's a Springfield. I mean, it's a great shooter and I had zero issues with the gun. I had also bought a third magazine and they all function exactly how they should. I'm really going to enjoy carrying this gun after a couple more range visits.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts