Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just shot my new XDM .45acp today. It eats anything I put in it. Even the JSWC . It really likes the 200grain JHP's with 4.3 grains of Hodgdon Clays. Nice group at 20 yds. I can now say that I can throw rocks at Glocks now that I have this gun. It fits my hand better plus the higher capacity mags. Safe shootin yall. WG:D

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up my XDm .45 yesterday! Along with a 250 count box of ammo. Will be breaking her in by noon!

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Crongrats! :mrgreen: Fine shooters they are!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats on the new 45...:)

·
Registered
460 Posts
congrats, my first(att the only) pistol I bought is the xdm45 I outshoot any 1911,M&P, sig and glock(with the exception of the 35) with it any day. I was feeding WWII spam can ammo out of it like I was shooting match grade with no issues aside needing cleaned and later finding out that I have been blowing through very expensive collectible ammo lol.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey XDm-45 guys. I just today traded my XD9SC and FNP-9 on this same gun. Seems like the criminals here lately are getting bigger, and I'm less confident in 9mm to keep them away. I started out looking for a 1911, but when I picked this up, the decision was easy. I like a striker firing mechanism anyway, and when you add the grip safety, it's like the gun Glock should have made in the first place.

Still have a Glock 19, though, that has taken me through two CHL exams with no sweat. It's very light and with the Don Hume 715, easy to forget you're wearing it.

Haven't been to the range yet, since this was a work day, but I bought a box of 100 WWB (theory is, if it shoots a hundred of them without a FTF, it will handle anything!)

And now a question just for you guys. I need an IWB holster. I've been really happy with Don Hume's 715 for the XD9SC and for the Glock 19. The single belt clip works well. Quick to put on, quick to take off. Holds the gun securely. Problem: Don Hume doesn't list this holster for the XDm45. Indeed, the site doesn't even list the gun as supported at all! What are you guys, who carry this gun concealed, doing for a holster?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey XDm-45 guys. I just today traded my XD9SC and FNP-9 on this same gun. Seems like the criminals here lately are getting bigger, and I'm less confident in 9mm to keep them away. I started out looking for a 1911, but when I picked this up, the decision was easy. I like a striker firing mechanism anyway, and when you add the grip safety, it's like the gun Glock should have made in the first place.

Still have a Glock 19, though, that has taken me through two CHL exams with no sweat. It's very light and with the Don Hume 715, easy to forget you're wearing it.

Haven't been to the range yet, since this was a work day, but I bought a box of 100 WWB (theory is, if it shoots a hundred of them without a FTF, it will handle anything!)

And now a question just for you guys. I need an IWB holster. I've been really happy with Don Hume's 715 for the XD9SC and for the Glock 19. The single belt clip works well. Quick to put on, quick to take off. Holds the gun securely. Problem: Don Hume doesn't list this holster for the XDm45. Indeed, the site doesn't even list the gun as supported at all! What are you guys, who carry this gun concealed, doing for a holster?
Have you tried it n the Don Hume?

My Galco King Tuk fits my XDm 3.8 9mm, my XDm .45 and my XD40-SC. Not sure if the DH has an open bottom or not but if it does it may fit .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts