Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What mags do i need for my xdm i need thr ones that hold 13 and are they the same for xd and xdm, next what magazine grip spacers do I need I saw some on cheaper than dirt for $27 and all it said was xd compact

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
What mags do i need for my xdm i need thr ones that hold 13 and are they the same for xd and xdm, next what magazine grip spacers do I need I saw some on cheaper than dirt for $27 and all it said was xd compact
The spacer size depends on what you use on your pistol already. There is a small, medium, and large size.
The 13rd mags should fit either, but I'd recommend giving your dollars to a more deserving company than CTD.

·
Registered
464 Posts
When it comes to the .45 the XD and XDm mags are the same. Not so with the other calibers. If this is with the compact grip I recommend carrying with the 9-rounder. The spacers aren't required on the 13-rounders. The x-tensions are there strictly for continuity. It's perfectly fine to use the 13-round mags as they are. Looks funny, but works.

I talk about the 3.8 here: (start at 3:07)
Firearm Family Updates - YouTube

·
Registered
10 Posts
When it comes to the .45 the XD and XDm mags are the same. Not so with the other calibers. If this is with the compact grip I recommend carrying with the 9-rounder. The spacers aren't required on the 13-rounders. The x-tensions are there strictly for continuity. It's perfectly fine to use the 13-round mags as they are. Looks funny, but works.

I talk about the 3.8 here: (start at 3:07)

Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts