Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up a new SS/Black XDm-40 from Bass Pro Shops in Harrisburg yesterday.

The gun was priced at $729. They had 4 in stock. Some of the posts here seem to indicate that I may have paided too much. Gander Mountain had 2 all black XDm-9's for $699. Comparing those prices I thought the SS for $30 wasn't too bad.

I also picked up dies for .40 S&W to save on ammo costs and was dismayed to see several times in the enclosed publications that shooting remanufactured or reloaded ammunition voided the warranty.

Anyway, I am hoping for a relatively nice day to get out and run a couple boxes of ammo through it and see how it compares to my PT92 9mm.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Good gun. Try some hard cast 175gr SWC in it. As for voiding the warranty, don't ask and don't tell.
I like Hodgdon Longshot powder for reloading the 40 cal, good fps and good chamber pressure.
Mine likes the heavier bullets (165-175-180gr) and run fairly fast.
Some good, inexpensive bullets are,
Magnus from MidSouth Shooters Supply
Rainier from MidWay USA
SNSCasting, Cast Bullets Home
I have also found that the cheaper Magtech 180gr flat point is accurate from mine.
Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I would say you paid a little too much, most post have the Bi tone XD(M) selling for around $650. As for shooting reloads pretty much all gun manufacturers have the warning to avoid legal responsibility because someone gets injured while using poorly reloaded ammo. The only warning I will give you about reloads is beware reloading used cartridges found at the range or in bags at gun shows. There are lots of 40S&W Glock out there and they still do not fully support the cartridge case. After firing they will leave a bulge near the base of the cartridge which normal resizing dies will not remove, this usually means they will not fully chamber. Even if you do have the special die to remove the bulge it does weaken the case and can cause serious damage to the gun and the shooter. Personally I only reload cartridges I have gotten new and know what gun they are fired in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't feel too bad about the price. I opened a store credit card and received 10% off. That puts the price actually paid a $657. I would have liked to had a better deal, but I guess the lack of supply in the area combined with brisk gun sales equates to higher prices.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I hate to say it, but that does sound really steep.:(

I am waiting for my all black XDM .40 to arrive and was able to get it for $585 shipped with the FFL transfer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Price increasing seems to be the trend as we draw closer to the inauguration of President-elect Obama.

Many people fear there will be outrageous new gun laws when he takes the oval office.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts