Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made it to the range to compare my new compact 9mm with my sub compact 9mm.
Compact had two jams in the 13 rd mag using Hornady CD while the sub compact eat's anything i use. I hope it's just a mag problem? Made me worry so i went on line and ordered some Gold Dot to try out. Since i picked up the Hornady i see there may just be a lot of hype involved with the sales after reading some tech post?
Well, the Compact Rock's, as does the sub compact. i like the sight's on the compact a lot better. The first time i picked up a XDM the sights were the most positive thing about them for me.
I ended up going through 500 rd's FMJ. No problem's at all other than with the CD. Have no idea how many rd's through which one? Going back today with another 500.
No matter which one you might choose, i think it will be the right choice!
I don't think i will ever like one better than the other?
I added a Pearce grip to the 13 rd mag today, just like i did to the sub compact. I also took a couple of 19 rd mags from my XDM 9, and slid on those extra extensions. The extra extensions aren't flush but i actually don't care. You have to know about these extensions before you will notice it. If you want to show it off to someone just use the right one. I'm a freak about all my firearms and accessories having to be perfect so if it dosen't matter to me it shouldn't matter to you. save your $$$$$$

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ran 100 hornady critical defense through the 13 rd mag. no problems.
400 rds fmj no problem.
XDM 3.8 compact was a nice buy.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I just read a post about the hornady cd ammo and they had nothing good to say about it. The FMJ's you had may of been the ammo and nothing about the gun itself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think it was the mag? put a pearce grip on the 13 rd mag and a light coat of oil on the spring after my first trip to the range.
like i said the first time it was the hornady cd hp that jamed. this time ran 100 in the same mag and no problems.
i didn't have any problems either time w/fmj.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts