Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm on Saturday. After bringing the handgun home I noticed the envelope containing the fired bullet was dated March 2010...

I'm curious if anyone is aware of any changes and/or modifications to this model handgun since it's original release.

Thank you,

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Have not heard of any changes ... it takes a while for things to get passed along thru the distribution channels. I don't think it's something to be worried about.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I've read that several people have gotten the envelope with the wrong date on it. When they are writing in the date they are writing it in as 2010 when in reality they just messed up and should have wrote 2011. These models (the compacts) weren't even around March of last year.

I just pulled mine out and looked at it... it is one of those "roller" stamps where you roll the dial to the correct date. I could see how it was accidentally rolled to 2010 instead of 2011 (even though mine says 25-01-2011).

·
Registered
957 Posts
Probably just the production date. The are after all produced outside the US, transit time , customs, and distribution as well as dealer inventory all add time to he supply chain. Right now auto makers are ramping up to start producing 2012 vehicles. Shoot and enjoy

·
Registered
340 Posts
I picked my gun up last week, didn't even notice the date on the envelope with the case in it. I just went and looked at it. It says 3-12-2010

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just purchased a new XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm on Saturday. After bringing the handgun home I noticed the envelope containing the fired bullet was dated March 2010...

I'm curious if anyone is aware of any changes and/or modifications to this model handgun since it's original release.

Thank you,

I bought my XDM 3.8 Compact 9mm in Feb'2011. The date on my test fired envelope is 12-11-2010.

One thing to remember, those Europeans like to write their dates different than us in the U.S. They like to write it DD-MM-YYYY. So, my envelope was most likely dated Nov 12, 2010.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts

Thank you,
FYI: you did not receive a fired "bullet", it is a fired case.

don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts