Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

New owner of an XDE 3.3 in 9mm. Been wanting one of these for a long time and finally got my hands on one.

So as current owners of the XDE and having it for awhile, I'd love to know your thoughts.

• Still love it?
  • Got rid of it? (Hope not)
  • Pro's/Con's
  • preferred holsters/gear
  • What would you change if you could?
  • recommended mods/upgrades?

Anything and everything, GO!

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
I do not own one, I bought a similar size EAA Witness Compact P (Polymer) and I got it as I owned a Witness Elite (All Steel) in 10 MM. Well the little one only came with one Magazine and I cant manipulate the safety on the polymer gun. (I can on the bigger gun) I have not shot it yet, but I expect I will like it. I had bought a larger 40 S&W Mag for it as you can convert their guns up to 10 MM, but I want 40 or 357 Sig

So I think I need a XDE, but I'll look for a 45. I might try a nine and then try to palm it off to the wife if aI don't like it. She like 9 MM, but only likes accurate ones, everyone says the XDE fits.

Reactions: skpsr

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats on the new XDe. I have started to carry my XDe more often lately. Not that I have any problems with the Glock 43x I usually carry, but seems like the last couple of times at the range I have shot the XDe more accurately. Seems like it is just feeling better in hand than the 43x. I also have a ton of after market parts in the Glock and only the f/o sights and the grip tape on the Springfield. My son is the one that talked me into the XDe and I have never regretted in one bit.
i

·
Registered
EDC Springfield XDE 45. Beretta PX4 40 and 45, Compact 9mm. Sig P-220 10mm, NAA 22-mag revolver.
212 Posts
Congrats on the new XDE man. I’ve got pretty much the same hand gun but in 45 ACP so I may not totally be able to relate to you but at least I can answer your questions. I still have mine, and I carry it every day. Even though mine and yours on the outside are still pretty much the same pistol, I probably can’t help you too much on holsters because every day when I’m at work, I carry mine in a little DeSantis nemesis ultra sticky pocket holster since appendix carry for me is out and since virtually any kind of gun belt is too uncomfortable to carry a strong side pancake holster tight enough to hold it and my pants up, I don’t use any of that. I do however have a pancake Kydex holster that I bought right around when I first bought the pistol but nowadays, I only use that holster for when I’m on my own time and I have to wear jeans when it’s too cold to wear my cargo shorts that have big enough front pockets.

Sometimes I kinda wish I woulda gotten the 9mm version but since these pistols are fairly short-barreled, I figured the “engineered for short-barreled 45’s” 230 grain Speer Gold hollow points would do a much better job with the limited amount of ammo both these pistols carry.

I really don’t care for the safety on it but at least the safety decocker lever is low enough profile to where I feel confident it won’t accidentally flip on will continue being a non issue when I carry it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have one in 9 and 45. Like Em a lot. I carry the “e” whenever I carry appendix for the added piece of mind when the barrel is pointed at my femoral artery. I still carry my XDs 45 iwb more. I’ve always loved my XDs since the first time I held it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the new XDE man. I’ve got pretty much the same hand gun but in 45 ACP so I may not totally be able to relate to you but at least I can answer your questions. I still have mine, and I carry it every day. Even though mine and yours on the outside are still pretty much the same pistol, I probably can’t help you too much on holsters because every day when I’m at work, I carry mine in a little DeSantis nemesis ultra sticky pocket holster since appendix carry for me is out and since virtually any kind of gun belt is too uncomfortable to carry a strong side pancake holster tight enough to hold it and my pants up, I don’t use any of that. I do however have a pancake Kydex holster that I bought right around when I first bought the pistol but nowadays, I only use that holster for when I’m on my own time and I have to wear jeans when it’s too cold to wear my cargo shorts that have big enough front pockets.

Sometimes I kinda wish I woulda gotten the 9mm version but since these pistols are fairly short-barreled, I figured the “engineered for short-barreled 45’s” 230 grain Speer Gold hollow points would do a much better job with the limited amount of ammo both these pistols carry.

I really don’t care for the safety on it but at least the safety decocker lever is low enough profile to where I feel confident it won’t accidentally flip on will continue being a non issue when I carry it.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I plan to carry at the 4:30-5, but may appendix as well depending on the situation.

I have vedder holsters for my other pistols, but grabbed a tulster for this one to start.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one in 9 and 45. Like Em a lot. I carry the “e” whenever I carry appendix for the added piece of mind when the barrel is pointed at my femoral artery. I still carry my XDs 45 iwb more. I’ve always loved my XDs since the first time I held it.
That’s the main reason I wanted the XDe as well, for appendix carry. However, between the time I first wanted one and getting one my thoughts for carry have somewhat changed. But I still really wanted this pistol. Stoked to get out and throw rounds down range!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not own one, I bought a similar size EAA Witness Compact P (Polymer) and I got it as I owned a Witness Elite (All Steel) in 10 MM. Well the little one only came with one Magazine and I cant manipulate the safety on the polymer gun. (I can on the bigger gun) I have not shot it yet, but I expect I will like it. I had bought a larger 40 S&W Mag for it as you can convert their guns up to 10 MM, but I want 40 or 357 Sig

So I think I need a XDE, but I'll look for a 45. I might try a nine and then try to palm it off to the wife if aI don't like it. She like 9 MM, but only likes accurate ones, everyone says the XDE fits.
Do you daily carry the Witness?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey All!

New owner of an XDE 3.3 in 9mm. Been wanting one of these for a long time and finally got my hands on one.

So as current owners of the XDE and having it for awhile, I'd love to know your thoughts.

• Still love it?
  • Got rid of it? (Hope not)
  • Pro's/Con's
  • preferred holsters/gear
  • What would you change if you could?
  • recommended mods/upgrades?

Anything and everything, GO!
I have an XDE 45, and the more I shoot it, the more I like it. It took awhile to get used to the recoil levels - I have shot a lot of all steel 1911s, so a 3.3 inch barreled polymer framed .45 is a lot different. It is fun to shoot, but you won't go to the range and put 500 rounds through one for fun.
You have a 9mm, so you should be able to put as many rounds through that thing in a session as you want.
I ike the sights; the trigger is pretty good. Like most DA/SA pistols, there is a lot of transition from DA to SA, and a lot of takeup in SA mode. But, it's a clean break when it breaks.
I put a set of Talon grips on mine, and that's it. It's a keeper, unless I would trade it for a full size XD Elite.

·
Registered
EDC Springfield XDE 45. Beretta PX4 40 and 45, Compact 9mm. Sig P-220 10mm, NAA 22-mag revolver.
212 Posts
I have an XDE 45, and the more I shoot it, the more I like it. It took awhile to get used to the recoil levels - I have shot a lot of all steel 1911s, so a 3.3 inch barreled polymer framed .45 is a lot different. It is fun to shoot, but you won't go to the range and put 500 rounds through one for fun.
You have a 9mm, so you should be able to put as many rounds through that thing in a session as you want.
I ike the sights; the trigger is pretty good. Like most DA/SA pistols, there is a lot of transition from DA to SA, and a lot of takeup in SA mode. But, it's a clean break when it breaks.
I put a set of Talon grips on mine, and that's it. It's a keeper, unless I would trade it for a full size XD Elite.
Yeah, that little 45 XDE is definitely a little bit of a hand-cannon, isn’t it. Lol. I had to learn how to hang onto mine the right way as well but once I got it figured out, I can be pretty accurate with it but one thing that really helps is the Talon grip that I put on and the fact that I don’t even use the one and only standard capacity magazine that I have at all. It just came with one of each and I was able to take advantage of that special promotion that Springfield had to where they send you for free, three magazines, a case, a bag and a couple of really cheap holsters but really all I wanted it for was the extra magazines. That longer magazine really helped me a lot.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine is a .45. I didn’t like the DA trigger pull, so I installed the Langdon kit, which was a big help.

Galco Tuck-and-Go, Two o’ Clock IWB.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Do you daily carry the Witness?

No I just got it three weeks ago and it only came with ONE Magazine. I do not expect to shoot a gun till this fall due to ChiCom Virus.

I don't often trade guns, and while I like EAA (I have a steel Witness Elite 10 MM and love that gun) this compact will get traded on something I can use, maybe a G-22.5

Reactions: skpsr

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have had mine now for 3 yrs and it's not going anywhere. I like it very much and it is my EDC the most of my three 9mm. It can be ankle carried as an option. I'm carring now in a Stealth Operator owb holster.As far as the safety is concerned who cares if it's there. You can use it or not, but it's great when unloading or loading, unholstering and the reverse.When I unholster at night my iwb holster is on my night stand and the safety goes on till in the holster on night stand. As soon as I reholster in the morning the safety goes off.It's easy to carry and draw quickly. Can't think of any negatives.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased the XDe about a year ago, my EDC with a DeSantis OWB holster. Like the gun, but I would love the gun if someone made a flat trigger for it. Does anyone know of one that is available?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Purchased the XDe about a year ago, my EDC with a DeSantis OWB holster. Like the gun, but I would love the gun if someone made a flat trigger for it. Does anyone know of one that is available?
At this point I’m not sure anybody makes one so you’d probably have to have a gunsmith make you one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I generally carry a Glock 26, which I find more compact and a bit lighter than xde. But when I am going to holster in parking lot behind the wheel of my car I find the xde a much safer option with hammer down and safety engaged. Easy with ambi safety to take safety off once holster and I have had no problem with safety engaging on its own. So for me a special purpose gun, I think of as my "going to the doctor gun" where I remove gun from holster and put back in holster after visit, while behind wheel and trying to be unnoticed.

I have had mag catch hanging up and not engaging when insert new mag, unless push catch from other side. This may work out and seems to occur less when I keep mag catch area dry using canned air.

I think xde has pretty good factory sights, but for my old eyes I like the F8 sights from xssights.

My favorite holster for xde is the Kramer #3 IWB in horsehide. I like Tulster IWB holster with clip when I wish to remove holster as well as pistol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was just about to ask this question but decided to review my original post, then saw your comment.

Was hoping there was a flat trigger option for it as well but cant find one. Will prob do the Langdon Tactical trigger in a bag here soon, but that doesn't actually replace the trigger :(.

Anyone done the Langdon kit? Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Not sure why a flat trigger isn’t available yet. It’s the only complaint I have about the xde. There must be something different about the mechanism that makes it hard to implement

1 - 19 of 19 Posts