Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a nutshell, this XDe .45 shoots MUCH softer than the 4" Mod 2 .45 or the Glock 30s that I had until recently. How the heck did Springfield do that? Awesome little .45!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, fairly accurate, too, for the first time shooting it. At 25 feet my groups were anywhere from softball sized to bowling ball size. With practice those groups SHOULD come down to baseball size and softball sized groups. No shooting from a rest.
Perceived recoil felt more like my 4" Mod 2 9mm or the PCR. That's what was amazing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cool! I was eyeballing one of those a while back but no one has any around here to fondle. Can that be carried cocked and on safety or only hammer down? I think the grip is also a smidge wider than the xds which wouldn’t hurt either.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, it can be carried cocked and locked like a 1911.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The XDE 45 is my ccw ankle and subcompact 45 on waist. I find both are very accurate and cycle ever 45 ammo I have tried, which are half dozen of special ammo. Good single stack ccw. The subcompact with flush mag inserted, and in my pocket, extended 13 rds mag; both these firearms make for a great ccw combo.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It’s a very good pistol. Mechanical accuracy is fine. As any 45 it requires a sturdy grip.

I’ve has several thousand rounds through mine in practice and competitions. Never had a failure.

My gripe is the trigger. The double action is long but smooth. I’d like it to be 8lbs instead of 13. The SA is spongy, the reset is slow and longish. Subpar compared to strikers and 1911. Meh!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Life is good with the 2nd amendment, and the freedoms provided to us
20200324_173042.jpg

by the constitution and bill of rights; vote Republicans

1 - 8 of 8 Posts