Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for a few weeks, finally decided to join and post up.
This is my first gun, I've been wanting one for awhile but the wife kept shooting me down.

Finally I told her I wasn't asking her anymore, I was telling :grin:
I have yet to go shoot the gun which is sad but I plan to get around to it sometime this week.

If any AZ people are reading this thread I will be getting my CCW in a few weeks and would like some input on a good place to get it from.

Brandon

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome!
I got my ccw from Caswells in Mesa, AZ...I enjoyed it. I took the 2 day class, I heard the 1 full day class is better as you do more.

·
Premium Member
127,182 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Brandon.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Welcome...Good thing you're armed now after "telling" your wife...:p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Took initial CCW course at Bass Pro Shop in Mesa & later took Utah/Florida class at Caswell's. Both were very good classes and would recommend both highly. If you join Caswell's I believe you can take one of their classes for 50% off.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome one more time from Minnesota!

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Welcome from Glendale, AZ. I am thinking about getting my CCW from Glendale Community College. Some of my friends from Glendale PD are the instructors. I could be wrong but heard it was 4 hour class time and 4 hour range.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Another AZ Welcome, I took the classes At Glendale community college (GCC), The instructors were great! The price was right.. I followed through and have taken more classes in the (pistol craft) Administration of Justice program at GCC.. They do there range time on the DPS range at Ben Avery, this time of year it should make for a great day of shooting.

Great choice! Enjoy and welcome to the forum..

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Welcome from another new sub compact owner. Had a 40svc and now added a 9sc. You are gonna love the subby.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first choice would be Shooters World! If you take the weekend class it is all done in one day. You have the class room training and then walk thru the door into the range. I think it is 29 bays they have now, and the class price is $85.00 (I think) They also have a beginners 4 hour class that is good if you have never shot before ($35.00) and they furnish the guns and I think also the ammo. If you want to become a member and you are LE or AD Military or RETIRED LE or Military the member price is $48.00 a year and that is unlimited shooting. It seems to me the regular member price is over $200.00 a year. The reason I say "I Think" so much is they just went up a few dollars last month and I think these are the new prices. If you don't want to join then you just pay each time you go use the range. Good safe place to shoot.

I also took the course at GCC a few years ago and it was fun due to being able to use the "FATS" (I think that's what they called it) where you do a shoot or no shoot with a computer driven screen and gun. Lots of fun - but then you have to drive out to BA to do your real shooting.

I also have the sc9mm and love shooting it, my Kimber and XD .45 stay home most of the time now. Good luck and enjoy!

Darv from Surprise AZ

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Great choce in the 9sc and Crossbreed Supertuck. Were it around the house while your waiting on the CCW. It took about 2 weeks to break my holster in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts