Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey All,
New on the block.. Just bought a XD9 a few weeks ago, My first auto, one thing I notice,, it ain't dads old .45.. this one has accuracy!

·
Premium Member
127,771 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a 4 inch bi tone service, I was amazed at the slim pickins it in the handgun department.. people are buying em up so fast it was the last one, and the guy behind me was nail biting hoping I was just showcase surfing. 2 guys bought 40's right next to me without even a 'umm' or an 'ah'

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm a new xd owner too. I just bought my first gun ever, xd 9 service model 4" barrel / all black. All the review I've read on it indicate that these xd's are freakin sweet! I'm pretty stoaked! Now I've just got to find time to fire it!!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Nice pistol there. I always thought the xd bitones were some pretty sharp looking pistols, and IMHO you just have to start your xd collection with a 4" service :) . I like the 9mm round alot too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice but where in the world are the pictures !?
HAHA! just as soon as I teach my doberman how to use the digital camera without thumbs, Ill post pics:D..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Your sure to love this gun, good luck!!!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome from North Dakota!

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's a great gun. I have one and its a fine shooting weapon. Lots of fun to shoot. You'll need to stock up now on alot of ammo.:)

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
i purchased the same exact gun for my first pistol as well.. i ALMOST.. I MEAN ALMOST bought a g---k cause i had never heard of springfield until i was at the local bass pro and he highly recommended the xd so i did a little research and a little more shopping and am the proud owner of an xd.. i love this gun shoots very good.. i recently just put in the powder river trigger kit and over travel stop kit in and it made a huge difference in just dry firing it i can't wait to get to the range.. welcome to the forum there are a lot of good guys here that are very knowledgeable and are here to help

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my first hand gun back in May thanks to George W's stimulus check. I got the XD 9mm service model in all black. I decided on an XD after looking at my friend's .45 I liked the safety features compared to other semi-auto's.

I put about 500 rounds through it and found it shoots low and left at 25 yards. I have to aim at the gap in the site between the left rear site and the font sight and then aim high. Is this normal? Is there any way to adjust it?

At my best, I was able to put 14 of 17 rounds on a paper plate at 25 yards. I could also hit light bulbs and beer bottles at the same distance - but not usually on the first shot (my shooting range was a ditch on a farm).

I recently bought a Crimson Trace grip laser for it and am anxious to sight it in. Although, when I look at the sights with the laser on, the dot falls in that same low and left place were I had to aim to shoot dead center. Any thoughts on this?

I've got a couple hundred more rounds to shoot up and see how well the laser does. Also contemplating getting my CCL. I know money shouldn't be a consideration, but I don't see myself carrying other than in a car or when deer hunting (which I could just carry open) so justifying the cost is weighing on my mind. What are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I bought my first hand gun back in May thanks to George W's stimulus check. I got the XD 9mm service model in all black. I decided on an XD after looking at my friend's .45 I liked the safety features compared to other semi-auto's.

I put about 500 rounds through it and found it shoots low and left at 25 yards. I have to aim at the gap in the site between the left rear site and the font sight and then aim high. Is this normal? Is there any way to adjust it?

At my best, I was able to put 14 of 17 rounds on a paper plate at 25 yards. I could also hit light bulbs and beer bottles at the same distance - but not usually on the first shot (my shooting range was a ditch on a farm).

I recently bought a Crimson Trace grip laser for it and am anxious to sight it in. Although, when I look at the sights with the laser on, the dot falls in that same low and left place were I had to aim to shoot dead center. Any thoughts on this?

I've got a couple hundred more rounds to shoot up and see how well the laser does. Also contemplating getting my CCL. I know money shouldn't be a consideration, but I don't see myself carrying other than in a car or when deer hunting (which I could just carry open) so justifying the cost is weighing on my mind. What are your thoughts?
try shooting it off a rest.. i had the same problem shooting low it seemed like.. So then i shot it with the from of the gun on a rest and it was shooting dead on.. so that makes me KNOW it is all me.. And then i seen a video on here (not sure where) but shows the proper technique of holding your pistol and i tried it and it helped alot.. started making probably liek 4 in groups at 7 yards...

·
Registered
329 Posts
and congrats on the new purchases. the only thing i can offer on the shooting low and to the left is to not try and adjust where you aim till you are grouping 2" at least. started at 10 yards and when i got all groups inside of 2" i moved a little farther. now i can put all shots at rapid fire from my 45 inside of a 4" circle at 25 yards. if all groups ar inside of the small 2" groups and the group is low and to the left then adjust your sights, not your point of aim. once the groups tighten up you should be right on target. have a more experienced shooter or range master watch you when shooting to see what you are doing and he will probably be able to help a lot. good luck and good shooting, above all be safe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts