Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago, a buddy of mine brought down a friend of his who owned an XD9. I ran a few mags through it and I was hooked.

Since then, I've been reading this site and researching my purchase. Last Friday, my dad bought an XD9 with the promo package and gave it to me since I'm only 20. Final price was just under $470.

It came with the new version frame, 3 16 round mags, and the new holster.

Saturday, I fired about 50 rounds of 147gr Federal Hydra-shocks, and about 40 rounds of some unknown FMJ. No failures of any kind.

Two observations:
1. Getting more than 10 rounds into new mags is a PITA.
2. Having a holster that doesn't cover up the entire slide creates a warm feeling on the hip after shooting a few mags.

Gratuitous pics:

:D

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
congrats, welcome to the nut club.

tip o the day: get a mag loader.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Although I read this site daily and I had heard about the promo package, I hadn't heard about the new version frame.

What exactly is new about the frame?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sorry to hijack but how do you tell if the pistol you bought is the new frame or not? I heard something about the Tac rail being different but havent seen any pics to compare to.

·
Registered
268 Posts
From what I can tell, the only difference is the extra notch in the accessary rail. I believe it is because there are some accessaries that require it. Not sure though.

Josh

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cyberbeer said:
Sorry to hijack but how do you tell if the pistol you bought is the new frame or not? I heard something about the Tac rail being different but havent seen any pics to compare to.
As far as I can tell, the 'New Frame' is simply another slot added to the rail; one closer to the trigger guard. If there are other changes, I haven't noticed them. From what I've heard, the addition of the new rail slot is to accomodate some lights/lasers so they don't stick out so far.

tec said:
congrats, welcome to the nut club.

tip o the day: get a mag loader.
Thanks.

Yeah, I'll definately be looking for one at the gunshow next weekend. I've been loading/unloading the mags about twice a day as well as keeping them loaded overnight to break them in, but it's still a struggle to get the 15th & 16th round in.

I have one question though. About how long does it take for the slide release to get broken in?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Where do you get a scope mount that is in the picture in this thread.... I would like to get something like it....

Thanks,
Sniper

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XdSniper said:
Where do you get a scope mount that is in the picture in this thread.... I would like to get something like it....

Thanks,
Sniper
If you're talking about the first and second pics, that's the holster. If you want a real scope mount, I'd suggest talking to somebody who does competition shooting.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
XdSniper said:

Thanks,
Sniper
Cheaperthendirt.com has scope mounts for glocks that fit on the xd with slight modifications.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the XD club! you will love it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes, welcome to the club...i too am a new member purchasing my SC XD 40 only about 5 weeks ago and my Tac XD 40 yesterday!...i am hooked!...now iim just searching for a scope mount that doesnt require mods to fit :evil:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts