Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new XD9 tactical to the range & from the bench @ 25 yards the group is 4" high and 4" left. I used Winchester White Box & some 124 Gr reloads to almost the same point of impact. I tried moving the sights but without a BFH I couldn't get it to move.

I like the way the gun shoots but the sights suck but then all my 1911's have adjustable sights & so does the Glock.

The gun is easier to shoot i.e. trigger control than my Glock but a far cry from the 1911.

The Glock went to Charlie Vanek so I guess the XD will be going to Canyon Creek.

Easier to present than the Glock but that may be from years with the 1911.

Don't like the fact that I can't open the slide unless the grip safety is depressed.

But I guess there is something to like & dislike about every gun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
MTEagle1 said:
Took my new XD9 tactical to the range & from the bench @ 25 yards the group is 4" high and 4" left.
]

I fired my XD 40 for the first time yesterday, and it fired left of aimpoint as well. Groups were tight, but it was definitely left. Had a buddy put a mag through it to make sure. Same problem, left of center. I intend to change the sights anyway, but I did expect better accuracy from Springfield.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Glad you like your 9mm. Thats the next XD that i get. As for shooting a little left with fixed sights there is no way for the factory to set to exact as you would have to shoot it a bunch of times to get it perfect. i dont want them to be the first to run a few mags through it. i want to know its new when i get it from my dealer. I do like adjustable sights and you will too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went to the pasture last night to pull the trigger on my XD9. Ammo was CCI 115gr cheap stuff. My XD9 is box stock.

I have a 12" steel plate as one of my standard targets.

I stopped at the 65 yd line (the rock pile) and put 6 on the plate (freestyle)

I moved to 40, 25, and 15 and stayed on the plate as long as I did my part.

I will say, the 3 rounds I fired from 110 yards where all misses. :D

It's as accurate as it needs to be.

Dave

·
Premium Member
21,706 Posts
whats rhe matter airdale didnt yu use the kentucky windage on the 110 shot????

·
Registered
113 Posts
The 110 "yard line" is on the way back to the barn. It's about 50' higher than the target and you've got to find the sweet spot to shoot through the trees.

I can hit it with my S&W 25 and 625 with my USPSA loads (about 1/2 the time).

I haven't figured the dope for the 9 yet. :D

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts