Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first XD9 and am curious, will it handle +P+ ammunition on a regular basis? I know that it will handle +P, but this is supposed to be a service weapon and in my mind it should handle the stouter rounds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's really good to know. Now I'm looking for a good holster for it. It's a 4" sevice model with the black finish. I'm thinking about kydex, but I am not really set on it, I'm partial to paddle styles for this size of a pistol for easy on and off. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
There have been many threads on this subject and IIRC, Springfield has stated +p+ shouldn't be shot thru the XD and any damage attributed to its use will not be covered by the warranty.

I'd recommend contacting SA to confirm prior to shooting using +P or +P+.

·
Registered
244 Posts
never read that, retired. not arguing though. i've shot +p+ without probs, though the majority of my ammo has been standard p. P8triot, keep in mind too that there doesn't seem to be a lot of science to it because some company's standard ammo is equivalent to other's +p, and one's +p might be the same as another's +p+. I've got 3100 rounds of many different types through my service model without a single failure (i've even tried limp wristing to see if it would).

I guess if you really wanted to load your xd with a certain +p+ round, you could call SA and ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts