Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I purchased my 1st XD today. I bought the 4" service in 9. Cant wait to try it out but I'm in kalifornia so I have to wait 10 days

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
Have put over 3000 rds through mine (I know for some that's not much) but it has been a great pistol!

Don't be in a hurry to drop in a trigger mod until you've got it broken in and then decide.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
An XD9 was my first handgun a few years ago and it's still my nightstand gun. Very accurate and great pointing. I highly recommend Talon grip decals. I have the rubberized Talons on it and they feel great and have held up well for a year and a half now. Enjoy it and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: ZanderMan

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Georgia

·
Registered
230 Posts
Talon grips (rubberized) are really nice. PRP trigger is worth looking into ( I really like mine). If you upgrade the sights send it to James. Might want to replace the Striker retaining pin with a "rolled" one. 2 cents from a big fan of my XD9 service model.
Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, and sorry that you live in that state. It can be a real pita and was one reason that I left there in 2004 to a more gun friendly state. I was a 1911 man while living there but since relocating have become a fan of the XD platform. As had been stated break-in your pistol before deciding what mods you need to make.

Darryl

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good choice! I have the same pistol and it is the bees knees.
Reliable, points naturally, and has a good trigger right out the box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts