Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok as promised. Picked up my NIB XD 45C today at Impact Guns, priced at $515. Probably not the best deal, but compared to everywhere else in town that's anywhere from 65 to 75 bucks cheaper. Enough left over for plenty of range ammo for the day.

Went to the range right afterwards using blazer ammo. All firing was unsupported using off-hand support. First target was two magazines at 7 yards. Headshots were with the 10 round mag, chestshots were with larger 13 round mag. Didn't take long to realize this is an accurate weapon. And it is sighted for 6 O'Clock POA. It appears to me I am slight left-leaning with this weapon. I am left handed and this is most likely caused by trigger pull and not enough support from my right hand.

Second target was a series of both 10 yard static, and double taps from both 7 and 10 yards. Lower left were the 10 yard double taps...then 7 yard double tap to the upper right using the remaining rounds. As you can see...this weapon was on target virtually every shot. Any variances was absolutely my fault...and lack of practice. (I've only plinked around a couple of times since retiring from the military).

Earlier, I fired both the Glock 21 and XD45C on Saturday to make my decision. Hard to compare to my new one today, as both of Saturday's weapons were both range rentals. The recoil was virtually the same, maybe an edge to the G21, could be because the barrell was slightly larger. For me at least, the flip of the SA seemed larger...however, the weapon landed back on target easier than the Glock. Could be apples to oranges here...as I wish I could have compared the G30 to the XD45C. It was a tough call, I was very impressed by both. The XD felt better to me. Both hit the target well. I felt the supported barrell, the safety features, the xtra mags, the iron sights and the fact the XD was the 2006 NRA Handgun of the year made the difference in my decision. Bottom line--the Glock just didn't feel right in my hand and my weeks worth of internet research helped rest my fears of purchasing an unreliable weapon--or getting less for the bang of my buck. I don't think anyone would go wrong with either the Glock or the SA. The Glock 30 is shorter, but wider. Weight was a matter of 2 oz's at best. It all came down to the feel in my hand while throwing rounds down range.

This weapon will be used primarily as both a range piece and home defense. Most likely will only carry in the winter months or special outings.

All in all. Had a great lunch hour...and I look forward to spending more time at the range with this phenom piece.

Thanks to all who post on this forum, your insight was tremendous.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice shooting, and a great gun you picked up. I recently purchased an XD45c as well, but I must say my accuracy wasn't near as impressive as yours. I found I was shooting consistently low, but I'm sure it was more of a 'me' factor than the gun itself. Guess I just need to get out more and practice, practice, practice!

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
XD45C is a great gun! I have the XS Big Dots sights for my aging eyes and it's still pretty accurate. Again not quite as accurate as you but then again I'm still learning. Just for comparisons the XD45C w/10rd mag is virtually the same size as the G19.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
thats good shooting and definately a nice looking xd, i like the OD compacts for sure

·
Registered
127 Posts
Very good post. Nice range shootin' you got going there. Congrats on your new purchase. I'm looking forward to getting back to the range this Friday for my second outing with my XD45C. I'm still getting used to the trigger pull on the XD compared to my Sig.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice weapon you have there.

Ok, I'm off to hate you now, just until I get my own though, no hard feelings:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks--love this gun! This forum is great as well. I was fumbling around and found a thread on using various items to color the etching on the slide. I raced off to Walgreen's...got some Revlon 990 "Gold Get em' and went to work. I think it came out pretty sweet! The SA emblem on top came out really nice. $8 and 1 hour later...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts