Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my XD9sc I have wanted the 45c for my carry gun. Having made the rounds at most of the local gun stores I knew what I might expect to pay but just hadn't gotten there yet. Friday some buddies and I went to Camp Perry to watch some of the Nationals and go through vendor's row. If you aren't familiar with this it is 18 separate buildings for the biggest names in competition stuff. Springfield Armory has a building there and we had been in and out of it several times by lunchtime. They had a few counters of guns for sale and an Ohio FFL. You can imagine how this would affect you. They had two 45 compacts. One being the standard with an off colored frame for $430. Didn't care for the color too much. The other was directly from their custom shop and one of their custom builders was there to explain everything to me. It was the 45 compact with Trijicon night sights, complete trigger job, and the nickle teflon finish on all metal parts. Accounting for the work done this was a true $900 gun. $550 plus tax and I was a giddy school girl all the way home. All the people in the building were straight from the Springfield shop and couldn't have been nicer or more knowledgeable. One of the other guys I went with couldn't pass up the 40 sub compact at $430.

If you ever get a chance to go to Camp Perry you won't regret it. I just need a bigger piggy bank! I will get some pics up soon.

Still in shock over the deal!

IT_Mgr

·
Registered
413 Posts
Great steal you got there! Pics or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

First thought the slide was stainless but then saw the difference. The grayish finish really made it stand out from the stainless ones that were there as well. Even got the t-shirt in the deal!!

Definitely bringing more money with me next year!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I try so much not to hate but you crossed the line. A great deal and at Camp Perry. I am going to go to my quiet place for a while now.

You lucky dog. Fantastic. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.... really.

·
Premium Member
127,168 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am jealous that is a fine weapon for a very good price.
I just picked up my xd .45c 4" today as well for $500 and thought I was getting a good deal for a new gun. With that current sa promo it is an even better deal though.:D
By the way I love the pistol more than anticipated but am glad I waited due to the sale price I got and the sa promo. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Awesome looking 45c man! Congrats! You'll love it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts