Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to shoot my new XD45 compact yesterday. It's everything it's cracked up to be, that's for sure! To me it has no more felt recoil than my previous XD9sc. Just feels less "snappy" than the little 9sc. I agree with most everyone here saying it is more of a "push" type recoil. So muzzle flip is less and my follow-up shots are more accurate than with the 9mm. Actually, Im shooting better all around with it. I think I've found a keeper!

I do want to try a Pearce grip extension on the 10rnd mag though. It's just a tad too short for my fingers.

Spent about an hour with it shooting from 7yds and 15 yds. Drawing from my Crossbreed Supertuck.

100rnds WWB 230gr FMJ target rounds
50rnds CCI Blazer Brass 230gr FMJ
10rnds Hornady 200gr JHP+p

Zero hiccups

Highly recommend it!!!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Congratulations on the new XD45C. I love mine it is an excellent firearm and accurate out of the box never a problem.I passed on the Pearce mag extension as it fits my hand just perfect as is. I had TFOs installed by Gilbert's Guns and will be adding a spring kit from XDGuys to reduce the trigger pull.This gun will eat anything I feed it with no problem. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really want the Pearce extensions on it because I like the way it conceals. But it would be worth giving them a try. I may use a dremel to shorten the Pearce a little and see how that works.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I thought about buying them and using my Dremel on them as well but after shooting it without for a while I can do without. It fits just perfect in my hand and as you mentioned it conceals that much better without the extension. On my XD40SC I have the extension on some of the clips and have one without and I can shoot just as well either way but it feels better with the extension on the Sub-Compact. Man I must say i just love my XDs have no need for anything else that cost much more I have all I can ask for in the XD platform. I am always considering a 1911 in the back of my mind though, but since I don't have the money for one at this time it remains a fleeting thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts