Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my first XD next week, XD45 Tac. I'm in Ca so I am limited to the 10 round mags. I shoot competition so I need more than the two that it comes with.

Couple of questions.

Other than Ebay @ $40 a pop, where can the XD4510 magazines be found?
Everyone, including SA, are out and no back orders or orders are already past due.
I'll buy the Ebay ones if I have to, not sure if there is a secret stock of them somewhere or if a few people bought them all up and now ripping us off on Ebay. 13 rounders can be found on every site you pull up.

I'll clean it, shoot it, shoot it, and repeat. Can it use any thing other than a cleaning to start with? There is what is known as a $0.25 trigger jobs for the Glocks that smooth out things a bit and worth the time. Can the XD benifit from any simple DIY jobs? The stock XD trigger feels much better than the stock and modified triggers on my Glock 30 & 36.

I didn't realize that in IDPA, the XD is an ESP gun, thought it was in SSP with my Glock 30. But since the XD is SAO, IDPA puts in in ESP. No biggy, now I'll have to classify in ESP. I currently shoot my Gen3 Glock-30 in SSP and SA TRP in CDP. Now I have an ESP gun. :grin:

Kevin

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Go directly to Springfield. Thy often have sales around dates like Father's Day. Yep, you want at least 4 mags per any gun IMO.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
  • Go directly to Springfield. Thy often have sales around dates like Father's Day. Yep, you want at least 4 mags per any gun IMO.
I'll give them a call today, thier site doesn't show in-stock or out-of-stock status on parts.

Thanks.
Kevin

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I'll give them a call today, thier site doesn't show in-stock or out-of-stock status on parts.

Thanks.
Kevin
I couldn't find 10rd mags for my XD45C, Springfield had them & they were on sale, 25% off. I have had my TAC for a couple years, so have a good supply of 10rd mags, shoot mine in IDPA.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took it shooting today, great shooter. Win white box, reloads, it didn't care. Even fired 30 rounds of moly SWC without a single glitch. About 150 rounds today total.
Trigger isn't bad except the take up after reset, a little long. I have a PRP coming in the mail. My Glock 30 has a shorter reset and no take up after reset. The XD45T is much easier to shoot as expected over the compact G30.
Very accurate as you would expect a 5" barrel and long site radius. Similar in accuracy to my SA TRP 1911 for about a third of the price.

Bang for the buck, hard to beat IMO.

I'll get some pics up soon.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Very accurate as you would expect a 5" barrel and long site radius. Similar in accuracy to my SA TRP 1911 for about a third of the price.

Bang for the buck, hard to beat IMO.

I'll get some pics up soon.
Seriously true. If I can find one on sale, I'll buy another. The only semi I have that shoots better is a match grade 1911, & it only shades the XDTAC by about 1/2" @ 25yds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seriously true. If I can find one on sale, I'll buy another. The only semi I have that shoots better is a match grade 1911, & it only shades the XDTAC by about 1/2" @ 25yds.
If you run the Tac in ESP or SSP, your PF is much lower than CDP and you can make a really soft shooting 125k PF round in 45. You could end up with a better shooting (scoring wise) gun with the Tac over a really nice 1911 since IDPA is such short range.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my TRP. And I'm really really liking the Tac so far.

I just put the PRP Ultimate trigger in, very nice, time to shoot it in ESP.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
If you run the Tac in ESP or SSP, your PF is much lower than CDP and you can make a really soft shooting 125k PF round in 45. You could end up with a better shooting (scoring wise) gun with the Tac over a really nice 1911 since IDPA is such short range.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my TRP. And I'm really really liking the Tac so far.

I just put the PRP Ultimate trigger in, very nice, time to shoot it in ESP.
I have made a couple of 45 minor loads; a 200gr LTC @ 680fps & a 165gr RNFP @ 770fps. They do require a 14# spring to run 100%, but they shoot really fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts