Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow XD45 owners. ok maybe i lied a little coz in reality, what i have is the HS45 compact.

i've had it for about 2 months now. let me clarify, this is my very first handgun. the first time i held it, i was expecting it to be light but boy, was i surprised. its quite heavy for a "plastic" gun.

then when i fired it, i was again surprised at how light the recoil is or was the recoil almost non-existent. :confused:
again i would clarify that this was my first handgun but not my first firearm. my very first gun which i truly love and still have is a Saiga-12K. so i am quite used to a "kick of a mule" when firing. :D

the trigger at first was a bit odd, for lack of terms to describe it. but after several hundred rounds of live fire and more dry firing (with A-zoom snap caps) than i could care to count, noticed that the stock trigger breaks more cleanly now. still a bit heavy but again i'm used to the Saiga stock trigger.

another surprise i noticed with the HS/XD is that when i aim for a target without concentrating on the (stock) sights, i noticed that more often than not, the sights are already right on target or not that far from it. hence i know that when i point it at a target, my aim would not be too far off even if i dont concentrate on the sights. maybe this is what they call "pointability".

here are some pics (sorry just used my cellphone):

soon i'm looking at changing my sights into Tru-glo TFO sights (green-green). the trigger, hmmmm, maybe i'll keep it the way it is.

·
Registered
895 Posts
sweet pistol, its cool to see an HSprodukt HS.45acp, i'm assuming that since you're in the Philippines you can buy brand new HS's there, i've never researched but i wonder if now because springfield has rights to this design HS cannot sell it stateside, probably. THANKS FOR THE PICS!

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Looks good

Welcome to the forum from Colorado

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
sweet pistol, its cool to see an HSprodukt HS.45acp, i'm assuming that since you're in the Philippines you can buy brand new HS's there, i've never researched but i wonder if now because springfield has rights to this design HS cannot sell it stateside, probably. THANKS FOR THE PICS!
Springfield Armory does not own the rights to the design. S.A. is an importer and does own the rights for sole importation of the pistol into North America. Stonghand Industries is the importer for the design in the Philippines and would be the equivalent of Springfield in that part of the world.

That is awesome to see Glennhmd, I appreciate you sharing that with us. Here in the states we have had no new HS2000`s since around 2001 imported here. Can you check your PM for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good to know that when I go back to Manilla I can get an XD.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know that when I go back to Manilla I can get an XD.
we also get XD's and XDM's here in the philippines, coming from the US market. but of course it comes at a price premium. as an example, i was contemplating on getting the XDM45 which just arrived when i was about to buy my HS45. my HS costs about $900 while the XDM45 costs about $1,500 (both for the units only and without licensing fees yet).

i know you'll notice how much more expensive our guns here cost in comparison to US prices.

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
Thanks for the pics and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Nice piece! Welcome from Northern California!!

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts