Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good practice ammo that won't mess up or scar the bore?

I have heard many different stories about the WWB ammo scarring the inside of the bore from the casings. Is this true?

Anyone know anything of the Remington UMC 250ct value box? Are these good for practice? Any issues with casings or FTF's?

Any and all input would be nice. I was given some blazer brass with it but I was told they could also have a negative influence on the long-term performance of the gun. Any insight?

Federal FMJ is very accessible and cheap ($16 for 50 rounds) at local wally world. Any issues with this ammo?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,854 Posts

I have heard many different stories about the WWB ammo scarring the inside of the bore from the casings. Is this true?
WHAT? That's ridiculous. First of all, the casing is usually brass or nickle, no way it's gonna scratch the steel barrel. Second, the casing never enters the barrel, it stays in the chamber and basically doesn't move.

Both my XD9SC and XD40SC eat anything I feed'em. I've used a lot of UMC with absolutely no problems. In fact, I've used all of the rounds you mention with no problems. I don't know where you heard what you posted, but I wouldn't take their advice too seriously.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
WHAT? That's ridiculous. First of all, the casing is usually brass or nickle, no way it's gonna scratch the steel barrel. Second, the casing never enters the barrel, it stays in the chamber and basically doesn't move.
Both my XD9SC and XD40SC eat anything I feed'em. I don't know where you heard what you posted, but I wouldn't take their advice too seriously.
AGREED!!

bhenry- Welcome to the forum. Good choice you made to come here for the right answers. I have shot 1000's of rounds of WWB from my XDsc. And my barrel looks like polished glass after each cleaning. Wouldn't know what agenda someone would have for putting out such rubbish. But you shouldn't have ANY worries with WWB.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

Anyone know anything of the Remington UMC 250ct value box? Are these good for practice? Any issues with casings or FTF's?

Any and all input would be nice. I was given some blazer brass with it but I was told they could also have a negative influence on the long-term performance of the gun. Any insight?

Federal FMJ is very accessible and cheap ($16 for 50 rounds) at local wally world. Any issues with this ammo?

Thanks for your help
Who ever you heard the above stories from is an idiot. Brass can not scratch steel.

Any of the above rounds will do just fine with no magical scaring of the bore or chamber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts