Springfield XD Forum banner

New XD40

692 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  roscoe55 
#1 ·
Bought an XD40 Service this morning and under the bright blue
northern Nevada skies I put 200 rounds through the gun and haven't quit smiling since. I sold my PX40 last night so this is a replacement and I couldn't be happier. That was my second PX4, the first developed trigger sting so bad I couldn't shoot it and the second one did also after 500 rounds. Goodby Beretta and Hello XD..........You guys have any clues about getting rid of the smile?:D

#8 ·
Thanks for the incidental feedback on the PX4, and congrats on the XD40. I was considering a PX4 because I liked the interchangeable grips (for my wife), but I was already leery about the rotating barrel design getting mucked up and jamming. Also no trigger or grip safety, but at least it had an external one. Now trigger issues? Guess I'll be getting an XD9 next. :cool:

#9 ·
Thanks for the incidental feedback on the PX4, and congrats on the XD40. I was considering a PX4 because I liked the interchangeable grips (for my wife), but I was already leery about the rotating barrel design getting mucked up and jamming. Also no trigger or grip safety, but at least it had an external one. Now trigger issues? Guess I'll be getting an XD9 next. :cool:

S P
Both of my PX4's were very reliable and never jammed and when my first one developed the sting Beretta replaced it when they couldn't find the problem, Kudo's to Beretta for doing the right thing but when the next one started I knew it must be some design problem and not just a fluke with one gun. It seemed to be only the 40cal that was affected, with just a few other calibers showing a sting. The PX4 had a boat load of good things going for it but the trigger problem was a deal breaker for me. The XD is just as accurate if not more and the grips fit my my hand much better plus right out of the box it ran for 200 rounds without a single FTF or FTE, to say I'm impressed with the gun is an understatement. SA also gives a lifetime warranty where Beretta has a 1 yr. I'm not going to bash Beretta products and would encourage you to try one but the 40 cal seems to be cursed to some extent with this problem. Good luck with your decision;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.